With temperatures soaring to seasonably record heights, knowing how to wear spring clothes during this summer weather is important.
Spring has officially sprung and so have the lovely dresses of the season.
Knowing which patterns, sleeve lengths and necklines accentuate your personal body shape can make shopping for dresses easy and fun, instead of stressful and frustrating.
For women who are heavier up top, spaghetti straps and halter tops are just not an option.
With that being said, there are so many alternative options that will let women with this shape enjoy spring dresses. Here are tips to consider when dress shopping:
- Choose a thinner, smaller stripe for dresses
- Alternatively, choose thicker, wider straps for dresses to provide support
- Try a pretty neckline such as sweetheart or a V-neck
- Pick a curve-skimming, not clinging dress
Petite and Curvy
For women who are vertically challenged but have curves, waist accentuation is your best friend. Luckily, prints and necklines work to your advantage. Here are tips to consider when dress shopping:
- Always, Always, ALWAYS accentuate your waist
- Embrace spandex, but in moderation
- Try a dress with a fitted waist and a full skirt
- Choosing a delicate print won’t overwhelm your figure
Small on Top
For women who are small on top, sweetheart necklines and spaghetti straps can bring attention to your chest.
Not to worry, prints are your redeeming factor. Here are tips for you to consider when dress shopping:
- Choose dresses with fun prints like a zigzag pattern that gives the illusion of curves
- Try a lower neckline or halter-top dress to accentuate the bustline
- Flutter sleeves and ruffles add volume up top
- Dresses with draw strings help fake curves