SGA welcomes new senators from School of Nursing
Returning senators welcomed new senators from the School of Nursing into the SGA Senate when the students returned to campus for the spring semester. The senators also returned with several new ideas to improve the campus.
Now that the School of Nursing is it's own college outside of the College of Agriculture and Human Ecology, SGA needed senators to represent the nursing students. Over Christmas break, applications were taken and new senators were accepted.
One of the new School of Nursing senators, Peyton Miller, said, "I'm very excited to have this opportunity to be in SGA so I can be more involved with campus business and represent the School of Nursing."
Another new School of Nursing senator, Megan Randolph, said, "I have been wanting to get involved with SGA for a while, so when I heard there was an opening, I jumped at the chance. I am looking forward to getting involved this year."
The new senators joined the old for the first meeting and began working on new ideas for Tech. Returning senator Andrea Shook, representative of the College of Arts and Sciences, already has ideas on how to improve the campus this semester.
"Since this is my last semester, I really want to do the most that I can to leave an impact for Tech," Shook said. "Something that I've talked about with other senators is instead of having our college committees meet together, have us meet based on what we are interested with on campus so we can be more effective in writing bills that help our student organizations."
Randolph said she also has some ideas to help the students at Tech.
"I was thinking about library hours and hours at the Swoops and keeping them open a little later, because I know students are out later than they have things closed," Randolph said.
Returning senator Sam Blanton of the College of Engineering said she is happy to be back representing her college and is looking forward to the SOLO concert later this semester.
"I am excited to get more involved with my college and to represent them," Blanton said. "I am also really excited about the Josh Turner concert, because he is one of my favorites."
Miller said she, too, is also looking forward to the SOLO concert.
"I love Josh Turner and I think the campus is very excited for him," Miller said. "I think it will be a great outcome."
More information about SGA can be found at tntech.edu/sga/home.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards