Dominant pitching grounds softball in double header
The Tech softball team was upended in both games of a doubleheader at UT-Chattanooga, falling 12-1 and 3-1. The Golden Eagles (10-28) had a crack at a dramatic seventh-inning comeback in the second affair, but behind clutch Lady Mocs' (21-14) pitching, the bid was foiled.
The Lady Mocs used a pair of big innings in the opener to capture the contest, scoring seven in the second inning and five more in the fourth.
A Sam Taylor two-run double, a Sarah Beth Roberts two-run single, and a Nicole Osterman three-run home run accounted for UTC's seven-run second, while an Anyssa Robles run-scoring single, a Jesslyn Stockard two-run knock, and a Cricket Blanco two-run round tripper wrapped up the fourth inning scoring.
Tech's lone run came on a third-inning RBI double to left center off the bat of Angi Sakamoto, scoring freshman Gabby Perez, who reached on an error to begin the frame.
The Golden Eagles will travel to Murray State for a doubleheader on Saturday, before going to Austin Peay for a double dip on Sunday. Both double headers are slated to begin at 12 p.m. CT.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Oracle News Articles
Recent The Oracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE ORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE ORACLE NEWS
RECENT THE ORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...
- Champagne Diamonds Make Fashion Transitions Pop This Fall