Dominant pitching grounds softball in double header
The Tech softball team was upended in both games of a doubleheader at UT-Chattanooga, falling 12-1 and 3-1. The Golden Eagles (10-28) had a crack at a dramatic seventh-inning comeback in the second affair, but behind clutch Lady Mocs' (21-14) pitching, the bid was foiled.
The Lady Mocs used a pair of big innings in the opener to capture the contest, scoring seven in the second inning and five more in the fourth.
A Sam Taylor two-run double, a Sarah Beth Roberts two-run single, and a Nicole Osterman three-run home run accounted for UTC's seven-run second, while an Anyssa Robles run-scoring single, a Jesslyn Stockard two-run knock, and a Cricket Blanco two-run round tripper wrapped up the fourth inning scoring.
Tech's lone run came on a third-inning RBI double to left center off the bat of Angi Sakamoto, scoring freshman Gabby Perez, who reached on an error to begin the frame.
The Golden Eagles will travel to Murray State for a doubleheader on Saturday, before going to Austin Peay for a double dip on Sunday. Both double headers are slated to begin at 12 p.m. CT.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses