Purple and Gold game Saturday
With spring practice for the Golden Eagles' football team wrapping up, the team's coaches are focusing on fine-tuning techniques. Although the new offensive scheme has been the talk of the spring, the defense should not be overlooked.
Every prospective starter for next season played in or started majority of the games in 2013. Among those returning are All-OVC selections Tra'Darius Goff, Marty Jones, and the third leading tackler Austin Tallant. Also, returning to the team is junior Demario Donnell who ranked in the top five in the conference in pass break-ups.
The defense has been looking particularly sharp in the past two scrimmages. They have committed no penalties in their match-ups, which they ranked top in the conference in. This offseason the team has been looking to focus more on their defensive techniques and cutting down on simple mistakes.
"The coaches have really been on the defense about our focus," said defensive lineman Tre'Mon Fletcher. "They've been making sure that every down, we give it our all. Whether it be technique, hand placement, pursuit or explosion, we're staying on top of the little things."
With spring drills wrapped up this month, the team will hold its annual spring game Saturday, April 5 at 12 p.m. Look for the focused defense to try and shut down Tech's revamped offensive scheme.
For more information on the Golden Eagle football team and other sports log onto www.ttusports.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- TAB says "Halo" to video game tournament
- Men's basketball starts February with two OVC victories
- Best-selling Author comes to Tech
- Former Tech golfer receives national attention
- Softball goes to Georgia for season opening Kickoff Classic, picks up one win
- Guest speakers present on campus safety to SGA
- Campus construction continues, weather affecting progress
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
- The Financial Implications of Heart Disease
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy