Purple and Gold game Saturday
With spring practice for the Golden Eagles' football team wrapping up, the team's coaches are focusing on fine-tuning techniques. Although the new offensive scheme has been the talk of the spring, the defense should not be overlooked.
Every prospective starter for next season played in or started majority of the games in 2013. Among those returning are All-OVC selections Tra'Darius Goff, Marty Jones, and the third leading tackler Austin Tallant. Also, returning to the team is junior Demario Donnell who ranked in the top five in the conference in pass break-ups.
The defense has been looking particularly sharp in the past two scrimmages. They have committed no penalties in their match-ups, which they ranked top in the conference in. This offseason the team has been looking to focus more on their defensive techniques and cutting down on simple mistakes.
"The coaches have really been on the defense about our focus," said defensive lineman Tre'Mon Fletcher. "They've been making sure that every down, we give it our all. Whether it be technique, hand placement, pursuit or explosion, we're staying on top of the little things."
With spring drills wrapped up this month, the team will hold its annual spring game Saturday, April 5 at 12 p.m. Look for the focused defense to try and shut down Tech's revamped offensive scheme.
For more information on the Golden Eagle football team and other sports log onto www.ttusports.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
- Backpack Offers Instant Drink Discreetly At the Push of a...
- Stem Cells, Biologics Could Be Answer to Next Generation...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS