April Fools' pranks social media
“Ted,” the summer smash starring Seth MacFarlane (voice-over,) Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis will be released on DVD Dec. 11. TheCinemaSource
April Fool's Day of 2014 was one of the most outrageous ever, featuring elaborate jokes from all over the Internet.
Google announced and released a "PokÃ©mon Challenge" update to Google Maps that allowed users to find and capture PokÃ©mon by locating them on their iPhone or Android's map.
"It's always been important to us to have the most qualified employees in Google," Brian McClendon, vice president of Google Maps, said. "Now, using the technology created by the Google Maps team, we've prepared the most rigorous test known to man to find the world's best PokÃ©mon Master."
According to the Google Maps PokÃ©mon Challenge promotional video, users who collected every PokÃ©mon by 2 p.m. on April 2 will be invited to Googleplex to participate in a final round of challenges. The winner will reportedly be offered a job by Google and begin work on September 1, 2014.
YouTube revealed that it was behind "every single viral video that has ever been popular on the web," and unveiled some of its plans for 2014. "Clocking," one of the new alleged trends, involves recording an individual or group of people who move their arms to correspond with the time of filming. Another supposed trend, the "Glub Glub Water Dance," threatens to replace Gangnam Style as the most popular wacky foreign music video with a dance attached to it.
"This dance is so weird and fun to do, plus the song is in another language, so it's going to be a hit," Kung Pao O'Malley, performer in the Glub Glub Water Dance music video, said. "The writers and musicians on YouTube? So talented."
YouTube also announced that it doesn't "want to let all [its] meme inventors have all the fun," and revealed that, for the first time in YouTube history, it would take ideas for viral videos from its users.
Twitter showcased a new device it called the "Twitter helmet," which would allegedly allow users to "interact with the world around them entirely via a custom aviary interface," and enable owners to tweet through a pecking head movement.
Reddit announced a new method of browsing its website it called "headdit." The technology, which the promotional video referred to as "Hand Equivalent Action Detection," would supposedly permit users to utilize functions on the site by performing actions like nodding their head, expressing surprise, frowning, or showing their cat on camera.
Tumblr offered users the ability to upgrade to "Tumblr Pro" via a button on their dashboards. Those who clicked on the link were redirected to an intentionally vague video regarding the new idea, and were then given the option to upgrade to Tumblr Pro for free. Those who opted in weren't greeted with a new membership or site, but were given a top hat to accompany their avatar for everyone to see.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”