Look like Katniss Everdeen for $25,000. Kitty did.
The teen-hit comedy ‘American Pie’ continues with another sequel about the class reunion. Trespasmag
Nope-just plastic surgery. That's what mother and wife Kitty decided to buy with her $25,000.
This lady wanted to look like a celebrity and was "willing to pay for six plastic surgery procedures to carve herself into looking even more like Jennifer Lawrence," according to ABC News.
Kitty claims she had been stopped on the street multiple times as people would commonly mistake her for Lawrence herself. As she went in to foot the outrageous bill, she signed up to change her appearance forever.
In all honesty, her new look falls short of the "Hunger Games" idol. But, what has fallen even lower are the dignity of our generation and the malpractice of parenting she performed.
Kitty has a 5-year-old daughter and a husband who doesn't find the surgery necessary. Without even putting it out there, we can obviously see that influence isn't motivating her, and her regard for natural beauty is out the window as she will now have to explain to her daughter that we're not born "pretty enough."
Kitty's husband wasn't as gung ho for the surgery and said, "Jennifer Lawrence isn't a celebrity that I have particularly strong feelings about one way or the other."
Entertainment Weekly caught Kitty in an unfortunate light as she said, "Basically the money that I had for this was money that I had saved from previous job...so it was sort of a 'me fund.' My child's only five, and I'm still just barely 30, so I think I still feel like maybe it's naivetÃ©, but I still have some time to rack up some money to help her when the time comes."
Priorities, Kitty. Priorities.
Maybe it is the "selfie" generation or the high pedestal on which we place celebrities, but we have got to stop thinking we have to fit a perfect mold. Kitty is a prime example of how not to spend your money.
Sure, $25,000 could go anywhere, but should celebrity look-alike surgery really be such a leisurely and frivolous option?
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities