Look like Katniss Everdeen for $25,000. Kitty did.
The teen-hit comedy ‘American Pie’ continues with another sequel about the class reunion. Trespasmag
Nope-just plastic surgery. That's what mother and wife Kitty decided to buy with her $25,000.
This lady wanted to look like a celebrity and was "willing to pay for six plastic surgery procedures to carve herself into looking even more like Jennifer Lawrence," according to ABC News.
Kitty claims she had been stopped on the street multiple times as people would commonly mistake her for Lawrence herself. As she went in to foot the outrageous bill, she signed up to change her appearance forever.
In all honesty, her new look falls short of the "Hunger Games" idol. But, what has fallen even lower are the dignity of our generation and the malpractice of parenting she performed.
Kitty has a 5-year-old daughter and a husband who doesn't find the surgery necessary. Without even putting it out there, we can obviously see that influence isn't motivating her, and her regard for natural beauty is out the window as she will now have to explain to her daughter that we're not born "pretty enough."
Kitty's husband wasn't as gung ho for the surgery and said, "Jennifer Lawrence isn't a celebrity that I have particularly strong feelings about one way or the other."
Entertainment Weekly caught Kitty in an unfortunate light as she said, "Basically the money that I had for this was money that I had saved from previous job...so it was sort of a 'me fund.' My child's only five, and I'm still just barely 30, so I think I still feel like maybe it's naivetÃ©, but I still have some time to rack up some money to help her when the time comes."
Priorities, Kitty. Priorities.
Maybe it is the "selfie" generation or the high pedestal on which we place celebrities, but we have got to stop thinking we have to fit a perfect mold. Kitty is a prime example of how not to spend your money.
Sure, $25,000 could go anywhere, but should celebrity look-alike surgery really be such a leisurely and frivolous option?
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Conti awarded for outstanding leadership
- Bill for $1 SGA student fee tabled until Dec. 2 meeting
- Two business majors arrested on public intoxication charges
- Crosswalks to be improved
- Teen taken into custody for carrying gun on campus
- Tennessee Tech Kappa Sigma chapter turns 50
- SGA constitution: Revisions are finalized to prepare for student vote
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge