Entertainment headlines while we were on break
Newly expecting parents, Kim Kardashian and Kayne West, arrive on the red carpet at an event. OK! Magazine
Five weeks is a long time for the entertainment industry, so while we were enjoying our holiday these celebrities, films, and musical artists were making headlines and doing what they do best - keeping us entertained.
Award season is upon us, and over break the Oscar nominees have been announced to include recent releases like Les MisÃ©rables and Django Unchained. Silver Linings Playbook took the nominations by storm, becoming perhaps the most underestimated award winner this year. Our local theater didn't even pick up the movie until it was Oscar nominated for Best Picture, Actor and Supporting Actor, Actress and Supporting Actress, Director, Film Editing, and Adapted Screenplay.
Kimye (Kim Kardashian and Kanye West) announced a pregnancy after publicly dating since last April. West dropped the news at a concert in Atlantic City, right before New Year's when asking the crowd to make some noise for his baby mama. Both families are incredibly supportive of the new baby.
Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o was allegedly hoaxed by a "Catfish" scam late last year and while we were on break, the real story broke out. Te'o had an online girlfriend who turned out never actually existed. The two had never met but kept a long distance relationship until her death from cancer Sept. 11, 2012. Except her death was fake too!
After Te'o learned of the hoax, he perpetuated the lie to save face and not cause a distraction for his team. Speculation on the validity of the hoax has been made, claiming that Te'o faked the whole scam for publicity or that it was a cover up for potential homosexuality. So far, nothing has been confirmed and Te'o still seems to be the victim.
After years of denial, Lance Armstrong confessed using performance enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France to Oprah Winfrey. Armstrong was stripped of his titles, lost most of his endorsements, and stepped down as chairman of the Livestrong foundation.
If all of that can happen in five weeks, who knows what this semester will bring? Let's hope it's just as exciting.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities