No update available on SAE fire
The investigation of the former S.A.E. house fire is ongoing. Police are continuing to conduct interviews with people who might have been involved.
Tech Activities Director Mark Ochsenbein, "It really comes out of the D.A.'s office...how they charge it, who they charge, if they charge anyone."
If the fire is ruled an arson, which is still undetermined, anyone found responsible will be charged with aggravated arson due to the fact a firefighter was injured.
"We are gathering names, we've got information, and we've got the police reports," Ochsenbein said. "It is coming along well."
Sigma Alpha Epsilon continues to operate under the cease-and-desist ordered the day of the incident. This bars the fraternity from all chapter operations with the exception of advisement meetings. It will remain in place until the investigation concludes.
"Whatever we do will be well thought-out," Ochsenbein said. "We're going to do what is best for the University and the students."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- University unveils Tech wall and new logo
- SGA to create focus committees after receiving results from student vote
- Chase Rice wins S.O.L.O. vote for Spring 2016
- IT services relocates location in Volpe Library
- Backdoor Playhouse and Jere Whitson renovations continue through Fall 2017
- New pavilion opens to aid intramural staff with organization
- University room reservation moves to new online system
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?