Walking Dead season finale elicits mixed opinions
The cover art for Taylor Swift’s new single, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”. Taste of Country
This past Sunday, the hit AMC show "The Walking Dead" aired its season four finale. The finale saw Rick Grimes and the group trapped at Terminus, a place they thought was a safe haven but was actually a trap.
This season saw the comeback and eventual fall of season three villain, The Governor, as well as the destruction of the prison as it was overrun by walkers. The second half of the season showed the group separately making their way toward Terminus, a place with the slogan "Those who arrive, survive."
The finale showed Rick and his son Carl, Daryl, and Michonne arriving at Terminus only for them all to be locked in a shipping container with the most of the other prison survivors. The episode ends with Rick saying "They're screwing with the wrong people," before cutting to black.
Jessica Wilson, a senior communication major, said she was disappointed with the finale.
"I felt like the episode didn't tie up loose ends like a season finale should," said Wilson.
"The show started out so good, but now I feel like they are dragging every detail out too far and ruining a lot of it," Wilson said.
Some fans agree with Wilson in saying the finale didn't deliver things that it promised. However, I thought the episode had great character development for Rick as we finally got to see what he is willing to do for his son, and we got a tender moment between him and Daryl, a favorite of most fans. Despite my own feelings, I can see from where Wilson is coming. The early part of the season dealt with an infection and, three episodes later, it was solved with little fulfillment.
Even though she didn't care for the finale, Wilson said she will still be unable to avoid the show once it returns this October. Regardless of the mixed reaction to the end of this season, I think most fans are anxious to see what Rick and company do at the beginning of season five later this year.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards