Walking Dead season finale elicits mixed opinions
The cover art for Taylor Swift’s new single, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”. Taste of Country
This past Sunday, the hit AMC show "The Walking Dead" aired its season four finale. The finale saw Rick Grimes and the group trapped at Terminus, a place they thought was a safe haven but was actually a trap.
This season saw the comeback and eventual fall of season three villain, The Governor, as well as the destruction of the prison as it was overrun by walkers. The second half of the season showed the group separately making their way toward Terminus, a place with the slogan "Those who arrive, survive."
The finale showed Rick and his son Carl, Daryl, and Michonne arriving at Terminus only for them all to be locked in a shipping container with the most of the other prison survivors. The episode ends with Rick saying "They're screwing with the wrong people," before cutting to black.
Jessica Wilson, a senior communication major, said she was disappointed with the finale.
"I felt like the episode didn't tie up loose ends like a season finale should," said Wilson.
"The show started out so good, but now I feel like they are dragging every detail out too far and ruining a lot of it," Wilson said.
Some fans agree with Wilson in saying the finale didn't deliver things that it promised. However, I thought the episode had great character development for Rick as we finally got to see what he is willing to do for his son, and we got a tender moment between him and Daryl, a favorite of most fans. Despite my own feelings, I can see from where Wilson is coming. The early part of the season dealt with an infection and, three episodes later, it was solved with little fulfillment.
Even though she didn't care for the finale, Wilson said she will still be unable to avoid the show once it returns this October. Regardless of the mixed reaction to the end of this season, I think most fans are anxious to see what Rick and company do at the beginning of season five later this year.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind