Frost Classic bids better results
Last weekend, the Golden Eagles played five games at the Frost Classic tournament held at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga where they went 4-1 in tournament play in three days.
The Golden Eagles began the tournament on a high note, earning a 5-3 victory over the Toledo Rockets on Friday. Tech opened up the scoring early with a one run lead after junior in fielder Hannah Eldridge's double allowed Kendall Hooper to score. Eldridge would bat Hooper in again in the third inning extending the lead to two. Tech would add three more runs to beat the Rockets 5-3, giving Tech its second win of the year.
The Golden Eagles also picked up a 6-5 win against Ohio on Friday. The Bobcats were looking for their ninth straight win. Tech scored two runs by way of a throwing error by an Ohio infielder .The Golden Eagles gained the lead 6-5 in the top of the eighth.
On Saturday, the team picked up another win against Campbell before falling to Northwestern State. In their meeting with Campbell, the Golden Eagles did not earn a run until the top of the seventh inning. The Golden Eagles were tied with the Fighting Camels until the ninth inning, when Tech scored two runs at the top of the inning. A final defensive stand in the bottom of the ninth closed the game for Tech.
The Golden Eagles faced the Northwestern State Lady Demons Saturday afternoon. The Lady Demons lit up the stat sheet with 11 hits and nine runs. An impressive defensive performance by Northwestern State held the Golden Eagles scoreless. The Lady Demons walked away with 9-0 tournament victory. They finished the tournament with a 1-0 win over Radford on Sunday. Sophomore Madison Taylor's homerun was the only run scored.
The Golden Eagles softball team will travel to East Carolina for a three game weekendseries. The team will begin the series with a double header on Saturday versus Conference USA's East Carolina Pirates. The first contest will begin at noon and the Golden Eagles will return to action at 2 p.m. The series will conclude with a game on Sunday beginning at 11 a.m. The Pirates are currently 8-4. The Golden Eagles are 5-8 overall on the season with nine home runs and a .222 batting average.
The Golden Eagles will be back in action on March 1 against Eastern Carolina.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Student body crowns Mr. and Miss Tennessee Tech
- Brewer, Sutton are selected for the OVC All-Tournament team
- Is the College Football Playoff selection committee making the right choices?
- Volpe Library website to change depending on survey results
- Former Reagan adviser to give talk through S.O.L.O. program
- Counseling Center and Volpe Library offer test anxiety workshop
- Shia LeBeouf gets personal in latest stunt
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind