Frost Classic bids better results
Last weekend, the Golden Eagles played five games at the Frost Classic tournament held at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga where they went 4-1 in tournament play in three days.
The Golden Eagles began the tournament on a high note, earning a 5-3 victory over the Toledo Rockets on Friday. Tech opened up the scoring early with a one run lead after junior in fielder Hannah Eldridge's double allowed Kendall Hooper to score. Eldridge would bat Hooper in again in the third inning extending the lead to two. Tech would add three more runs to beat the Rockets 5-3, giving Tech its second win of the year.
The Golden Eagles also picked up a 6-5 win against Ohio on Friday. The Bobcats were looking for their ninth straight win. Tech scored two runs by way of a throwing error by an Ohio infielder .The Golden Eagles gained the lead 6-5 in the top of the eighth.
On Saturday, the team picked up another win against Campbell before falling to Northwestern State. In their meeting with Campbell, the Golden Eagles did not earn a run until the top of the seventh inning. The Golden Eagles were tied with the Fighting Camels until the ninth inning, when Tech scored two runs at the top of the inning. A final defensive stand in the bottom of the ninth closed the game for Tech.
The Golden Eagles faced the Northwestern State Lady Demons Saturday afternoon. The Lady Demons lit up the stat sheet with 11 hits and nine runs. An impressive defensive performance by Northwestern State held the Golden Eagles scoreless. The Lady Demons walked away with 9-0 tournament victory. They finished the tournament with a 1-0 win over Radford on Sunday. Sophomore Madison Taylor's homerun was the only run scored.
The Golden Eagles softball team will travel to East Carolina for a three game weekendseries. The team will begin the series with a double header on Saturday versus Conference USA's East Carolina Pirates. The first contest will begin at noon and the Golden Eagles will return to action at 2 p.m. The series will conclude with a game on Sunday beginning at 11 a.m. The Pirates are currently 8-4. The Golden Eagles are 5-8 overall on the season with nine home runs and a .222 batting average.
The Golden Eagles will be back in action on March 1 against Eastern Carolina.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Purple Pride introduced to Cookeville preschoolers
- Street Preachers Return to South Patio
- Internet Outages affect campus productivity, Frontier fixes connectivity
- Flight Plan sets out to increase freshman retention
- Career Services plans for upcoming Oct. Career Fair
- Cookeville highlighted in 'Cookevegas' app
- Neon Trees to take stage in Hoop Tuesday
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections