Frost Classic bids better results
Last weekend, the Golden Eagles played five games at the Frost Classic tournament held at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga where they went 4-1 in tournament play in three days.
The Golden Eagles began the tournament on a high note, earning a 5-3 victory over the Toledo Rockets on Friday. Tech opened up the scoring early with a one run lead after junior in fielder Hannah Eldridge's double allowed Kendall Hooper to score. Eldridge would bat Hooper in again in the third inning extending the lead to two. Tech would add three more runs to beat the Rockets 5-3, giving Tech its second win of the year.
The Golden Eagles also picked up a 6-5 win against Ohio on Friday. The Bobcats were looking for their ninth straight win. Tech scored two runs by way of a throwing error by an Ohio infielder .The Golden Eagles gained the lead 6-5 in the top of the eighth.
On Saturday, the team picked up another win against Campbell before falling to Northwestern State. In their meeting with Campbell, the Golden Eagles did not earn a run until the top of the seventh inning. The Golden Eagles were tied with the Fighting Camels until the ninth inning, when Tech scored two runs at the top of the inning. A final defensive stand in the bottom of the ninth closed the game for Tech.
The Golden Eagles faced the Northwestern State Lady Demons Saturday afternoon. The Lady Demons lit up the stat sheet with 11 hits and nine runs. An impressive defensive performance by Northwestern State held the Golden Eagles scoreless. The Lady Demons walked away with 9-0 tournament victory. They finished the tournament with a 1-0 win over Radford on Sunday. Sophomore Madison Taylor's homerun was the only run scored.
The Golden Eagles softball team will travel to East Carolina for a three game weekendseries. The team will begin the series with a double header on Saturday versus Conference USA's East Carolina Pirates. The first contest will begin at noon and the Golden Eagles will return to action at 2 p.m. The series will conclude with a game on Sunday beginning at 11 a.m. The Pirates are currently 8-4. The Golden Eagles are 5-8 overall on the season with nine home runs and a .222 batting average.
The Golden Eagles will be back in action on March 1 against Eastern Carolina.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'