Final stretch of games key for postseason berth
The Golden Eagle men's basketball team is heading into the final stretch of its season, looking to finish strong going into the Ohio Valley Conference tournament. The team is currently 6-6 in conference play, and has won three of its four games this month.
Tech currently sits in fourth place of the OVC East Division and has an overall record of 13-14. With the tournament looming, the team is looking to finish this month off strong with games against UT-Martin, Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky, and Morehead State.
"We need these wins to basically be in the tournament," said senior guard Jeremiah Samarrippas. "We're going into these matchups as must wins. In order for us to finish strong and be prepared for the tournament, we have to be more focused and in tune during practices and scouting reports here on out."
In its previous matchups, Tech defeated Jacksonville State and Eastern Kentucky but suffered its first lost this month to Morehead State last Saturday night. The squad will be on the road Thursday night to play in-state rival UT-Martin.
After Thursday's trip to Martin, Tech will host Jacksonville State at home on the 22nd for senior night. The boys will wrap their season up with two road games on the 27th and 1st of March against Eastern Kentucky and Morehead State. Next up will be the 2014 OVC Tournament in Nashville on March 5th.
Saturday night's game can be watched on WCTE Channel 7 or via webcast on the OVC Digital Network at 7 p.m. The game will be available to listeners on 106.1 The Nest.
For more information, visit the TTU athletic website at www.ttusports.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards