Final stretch of games key for postseason berth
The Golden Eagle men's basketball team is heading into the final stretch of its season, looking to finish strong going into the Ohio Valley Conference tournament. The team is currently 6-6 in conference play, and has won three of its four games this month.
Tech currently sits in fourth place of the OVC East Division and has an overall record of 13-14. With the tournament looming, the team is looking to finish this month off strong with games against UT-Martin, Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky, and Morehead State.
"We need these wins to basically be in the tournament," said senior guard Jeremiah Samarrippas. "We're going into these matchups as must wins. In order for us to finish strong and be prepared for the tournament, we have to be more focused and in tune during practices and scouting reports here on out."
In its previous matchups, Tech defeated Jacksonville State and Eastern Kentucky but suffered its first lost this month to Morehead State last Saturday night. The squad will be on the road Thursday night to play in-state rival UT-Martin.
After Thursday's trip to Martin, Tech will host Jacksonville State at home on the 22nd for senior night. The boys will wrap their season up with two road games on the 27th and 1st of March against Eastern Kentucky and Morehead State. Next up will be the 2014 OVC Tournament in Nashville on March 5th.
Saturday night's game can be watched on WCTE Channel 7 or via webcast on the OVC Digital Network at 7 p.m. The game will be available to listeners on 106.1 The Nest.
For more information, visit the TTU athletic website at www.ttusports.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Radiohead Welcomes The Past With 'Burn The Witch'
- Oldham and Haslam host forum for campus body about FOCUS act
- ‘I Heart Tech’ week to begin during Tech’s dead week
- Student survey measures campus sustainability
- Public Relations club pairs with Cookeville Fire Department to install smoke...
- Barketing in the Quad to aide Putnam County Animal Shelter
- ‘The Jungle Book’ stands as Disney’s fi rst truly stunning, faithful...
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
- The Big Showdown Over Fingerprinting Uber and Lyft Drivers
- Encryption - Why It Matters to You
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Launch Bold Initiative to Help
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere