Final stretch of games key for postseason berth
The Golden Eagle men's basketball team is heading into the final stretch of its season, looking to finish strong going into the Ohio Valley Conference tournament. The team is currently 6-6 in conference play, and has won three of its four games this month.
Tech currently sits in fourth place of the OVC East Division and has an overall record of 13-14. With the tournament looming, the team is looking to finish this month off strong with games against UT-Martin, Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky, and Morehead State.
"We need these wins to basically be in the tournament," said senior guard Jeremiah Samarrippas. "We're going into these matchups as must wins. In order for us to finish strong and be prepared for the tournament, we have to be more focused and in tune during practices and scouting reports here on out."
In its previous matchups, Tech defeated Jacksonville State and Eastern Kentucky but suffered its first lost this month to Morehead State last Saturday night. The squad will be on the road Thursday night to play in-state rival UT-Martin.
After Thursday's trip to Martin, Tech will host Jacksonville State at home on the 22nd for senior night. The boys will wrap their season up with two road games on the 27th and 1st of March against Eastern Kentucky and Morehead State. Next up will be the 2014 OVC Tournament in Nashville on March 5th.
Saturday night's game can be watched on WCTE Channel 7 or via webcast on the OVC Digital Network at 7 p.m. The game will be available to listeners on 106.1 The Nest.
For more information, visit the TTU athletic website at www.ttusports.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program