TAB seeks new membership as semester begins
Tech Activities Board is looking for more students to assist in the planning of student activities on campus. Student activities coordinator Katie Williams said the club offers students who join the opportunity to not only gain social skills, leadership abilities, and develop personally, but also a greater chance at employment after college.
Kelsey Jozwik is a former executive member of the Tech Activities Board. She said TAB helped her network with other students and Tech faculty and staff.
"Getting involved has really shaped my college experience," Jozwik said. "I highly recommend applying to be a member of the Tech Activities Board to get involved. We have free events throughout the year and are very involved in planning campus wide events like Homecoming."
TAB sponsors or co-sponsors a variety of activities throughout the year such as TAB Tuesday giveaways, Late Night Tech Nights, concerts, outdoor movies, hypnotists, and tailgate contests at football games.
TAB member Luke Patton said he encourages students to join TAB because of the variety the club offers for students.
"TAB is a great way to get involved on campus because they have their hand in so many different campus-wide activities," Patton said. "Whatever interests you, TAB most likely has a committee for it."
Williams serves as TABs faculty director. Williams said membership to not only TAB but clubs across campus is crucial to student success.
"Membership in student organizations is vital to student success because they offer students an avenue to put the knowledge and skills they have learned in the class room to use in a practical environment," Williams said. "All of these skills are so important both in college and in the job market."
To keep up to date with the Tech Activities Board and other events on campus, follow TAB on twitter @tntechtab.
Membership is open to all students by filling out an online application found at www.tntech/edu/tab/.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program