No more Mr. Ice Guy: Frese fights global warming
Norman Frese, Mechanical Engineering Major
Global warming was first used by the very environmental scientists Ms. Brown claims adhere strictly to "climate change," which the same scientists admit includes the greenhouse effect "global warming" along with the other effects like sea level and precipitation changes. (www.nasa.gov)
As for calling to question the moral fiber of environmental scientists, I fall back to the old adage, "follow the money". Yes, it is true across the whole spectrum of research, which is why investigation should be done. To point a finger and say "it's okay they did, too" merely invalidates both. It doesn't make one acceptable over the other. I submit, as evidence of duplicity in the environmental scientist realm concerning HCCC, the "Hockey stick" graph. It shows a high and "unnatural" rise in global temp. It was submitted by Mann, Bradley, and many others as proof of what was happening with HCCC. It was "peer" reviewed, and continues to be published as "fact" in many, particularly precollege, text books. Two mathematicians McIntyre and McKitrick found multiple sets of data, edited to include only summer months, but calculated as whole year temperatures. Entire sets of data were submitted as having been used, but were completely left out of the calculations. In short, using the environmentalist's own model they entered the data correctly and showed the hockey stick graph was false. (www.multi-science.co.uk ) You can't call those who wrote and peer reviewed the hockey stick report uneducated and incompetent, because they hold PHDs in climate sciences, and are the ones quoted the most when promoting HCCC. Duplicity is what remains.
Addressing the idea that sea levels are rising, I'll refer you to images of a scientific sea benchmark over 150 years old that's still above water... significantly so. Look up the "Isle of the dead" benchmark. (www.john-daly.com) There's also the quaint quip about polar bears and thin ice... I submit that Antarctic ice has grown at a rate climatologists are having trouble keeping up with and more than compensates for the missing arctic ice. Neither of these proves humans are causing the change only that change is occurring.
Finally, allow me to push back against your childish and frankly bigoted remarks concerning those who disagree with IPCC, UN, and climate change/global warming alarmists. Your intolerance to a differing opinion, and it is your opinion, along with your vitriol language and hate filled savage imagery of violence is bigotry. (check the dictionary if you are unconvinced) You behave much like a charlatan/agitator paid to incite violence or whip up a crowd on some fake nonsense. A real contender brings their opinion and the sources for the evidence for holding that opinion, not incite full, hate filled, name calling. A great many of us have and do contribute to keeping our local community clean from volunteering to doing our part at simply picking up someone else's discarded trash off the ground and depositing it in a garbage can. The global climate is a dynamic system under constant change, yearly, even daily. Most of us do not deny that "climate change" occurs; we disagree with the "hypothesized" cause of that change. If the paper would allow I would be happy to submit another article dealing with the ludicrous assertion that our paltry contribution of CO2 is causing an entire planetary HVAC system to overheat.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Purple Pride introduced to Cookeville preschoolers
- Street Preachers Return to South Patio
- Internet Outages affect campus productivity, Frontier fixes connectivity
- Flight Plan sets out to increase freshman retention
- Career Services plans for upcoming Oct. Career Fair
- Cookeville highlighted in 'Cookevegas' app
- Neon Trees to take stage in Hoop Tuesday
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses