Kimmy's Top Super Bowl Commercials
Maybe we all assumed too much, but the Super Bowl has always been a stage for advertisers to make me roll on the floor, work up some tears, or want to purchase that insurance policy I don't need.
Where is the whimsy that made watching the commercials so worth it in the past?
For every 30-second commercial, $4 million is spent to make an imprint on the audience, and I'm starting to wonder where that money went. Large corporations and businesses see it as, "Something like a ritual financial sacrifice, a pyre of money set on fire to please the Buzz Gods for no particular reason," as said by The Atlantic.
Sure, the commercial poking fun at the game while paralleling it to the woes of prom was funny, or the precious dog chasing after the Clydesdale, but after that things got stale. I began to see repeats of the past, and in fact, some of the people in them were.
A good amount of commercials had a similar idea of including throwbacks. According to Entertainment Weekly, "Nostalgia and feel-good themes were major hits across the board," from the get-go last Sunday. We witnessed Full House stars, The Muppets and a shelling of 80s icons, including Hulk Hogan and the California Raisins.
Despite my indifferent and cold feelings, rankings have been made by yours truly as to which commercials everyone collectively enjoyed, and I am here to share them with you.
2. Turbo-Tax's "Prom"
7. Chevy's "Bull"
8. T-Mobile's "No-Contract"
As America begins to form its opinions, and social media puts in it's two cents, we may see a difference from the list. As an outsider though, I foresee little talk when it comes to how commercials "blew us away" this year.
As far as I'm concerned, I did not find myself crying over a commercial or rolling on the floor, and I certainly wasn't persuaded to buy something I didn't need.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!