Kimmy's Top Super Bowl Commercials
Maybe we all assumed too much, but the Super Bowl has always been a stage for advertisers to make me roll on the floor, work up some tears, or want to purchase that insurance policy I don't need.
Where is the whimsy that made watching the commercials so worth it in the past?
For every 30-second commercial, $4 million is spent to make an imprint on the audience, and I'm starting to wonder where that money went. Large corporations and businesses see it as, "Something like a ritual financial sacrifice, a pyre of money set on fire to please the Buzz Gods for no particular reason," as said by The Atlantic.
Sure, the commercial poking fun at the game while paralleling it to the woes of prom was funny, or the precious dog chasing after the Clydesdale, but after that things got stale. I began to see repeats of the past, and in fact, some of the people in them were.
A good amount of commercials had a similar idea of including throwbacks. According to Entertainment Weekly, "Nostalgia and feel-good themes were major hits across the board," from the get-go last Sunday. We witnessed Full House stars, The Muppets and a shelling of 80s icons, including Hulk Hogan and the California Raisins.
Despite my indifferent and cold feelings, rankings have been made by yours truly as to which commercials everyone collectively enjoyed, and I am here to share them with you.
2. Turbo-Tax's "Prom"
7. Chevy's "Bull"
8. T-Mobile's "No-Contract"
As America begins to form its opinions, and social media puts in it's two cents, we may see a difference from the list. As an outsider though, I foresee little talk when it comes to how commercials "blew us away" this year.
As far as I'm concerned, I did not find myself crying over a commercial or rolling on the floor, and I certainly wasn't persuaded to buy something I didn't need.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- How to Overcome Your Smile Insecurities
- Bringing the Family Together At the Dinner Table
- Good Dental Care: Make It Safe
- Gran promesa latina lanza línea de moda para el...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS
- beIN SPORTS ANNOUNCES 2016-17 CONFERENCE USA MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
- GoFundMe to Award $100,000 in College Scholarships