SAE to move into newly built house within the month
Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity will be moving into its new house on West 5th Street within the next month.
"It's been a long time coming," said Taylor Shull, a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. "Everyone is ready to see the finished project."
Sigma Alpha Epsilon broke ground during Homecoming of 2012. Some members said the process has taken longer than they anticipated, but said it should be completed by the end of February.
The house will consist of eight bedrooms, two kitchens, six bathrooms, a study room, a chapter room, and a living room. With a few of the bedrooms being shared, 14 brothers will be living at the fraternity house.
Funding for the house has come from alumni, campaigning, and dues.
"Sigma Alpha Epsilon has been talking about getting a new house since the 80s," said Vice President Ryan Gibbons. "You really have to give a huge thanks to the guys who stepped up and actually took the initiative to put the campaign in motion."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program