SAE to move into newly built house within the month
Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity will be moving into its new house on West 5th Street within the next month.
"It's been a long time coming," said Taylor Shull, a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. "Everyone is ready to see the finished project."
Sigma Alpha Epsilon broke ground during Homecoming of 2012. Some members said the process has taken longer than they anticipated, but said it should be completed by the end of February.
The house will consist of eight bedrooms, two kitchens, six bathrooms, a study room, a chapter room, and a living room. With a few of the bedrooms being shared, 14 brothers will be living at the fraternity house.
Funding for the house has come from alumni, campaigning, and dues.
"Sigma Alpha Epsilon has been talking about getting a new house since the 80s," said Vice President Ryan Gibbons. "You really have to give a huge thanks to the guys who stepped up and actually took the initiative to put the campaign in motion."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- University unveils Tech wall and new logo
- SGA to create focus committees after receiving results from student vote
- Chase Rice wins S.O.L.O. vote for Spring 2016
- IT services relocates location in Volpe Library
- Backdoor Playhouse and Jere Whitson renovations continue through Fall 2017
- New pavilion opens to aid intramural staff with organization
- University room reservation moves to new online system
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...