Phi Delta Theta brother arrested on multiple charges
A Phi Delta Theta brother was charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest after an altercation that left one Cookeville police officer injured.
On Saturday, April 5 at 8:26 p.m., Cookeville police officers Ryan Acuff and Kenneth Frye responded to a complaint concerning two males fighting on North Peachtree Avenue.
Upon arrival to the scene, the officers were forced to wrestle suspect James Curtis Boggs to the ground after he refused officers orders and was unfazed by their Tasers, according to the Cookeville Police report.
The police report stated that during the struggle, Boggs bent a pair of handcuffs Acuff used to restrain him. Acuff then pepper sprayed Boggs, which had no effect.
Officer Acuff requested back up from Sergeant James Harris, Officer Daniel Trivette and Officer Roy Chesnut.
With the help of the other officers, Boggs was eventually contained by handcuffs and was taken to Cookeville Regional Medical Center to be restrained with the help of emergency room staff.
While the incident occurred in front of the newly opened Sigma Alpha Epsilon house, no involvement from within that fraternity was reported.
Tech's Greek Life coordinator Katie Williams said, "Each individual fraternity has their own standards for membership," said Williams. "Whether it is some sort of sanction against the member or removal of the member, it just depends on what their bylaws say and what they can do in situations like these."
According to the police report, Boggs later admitted to police officers that he was under the influence of LSD.
Once released, Boggs was booked at the Putnam County Jail and was charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest.
Frye was also treated at the hospital around the same time for a fractured knee, which was a result of the resistance with Boggs.
Acuff also received a few scratches along with a torn uniform.
Frye received treatment from an orthopedic doctor on Monday, April 7.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Baseball's struggles continue with two midweek losses
- Rugby wins runner-up Dixie conference trophy
- Liberatore has record day with 16 strikeouts
- Hospital assault leads to campus safety alerts
- Tech confessions posts student Eagle Card information
- SGA suspends campus safety bill
- Tech students arrested for drug related charges
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...