Summer swim lessons to begin at Fit, lifeguards needed.
The Health Promotions Office has released the summer swim lesson schedule and is in need of lifeguards for the summer season.
Anyone who would like to lifeguard must be certified and willing to work over the summer. Hours are available over the entire summer period.
"I'm thinking about getting my lifeguard license, and this would be a great way to make some extra money during summer break," said student Michael Farragut.
The office also announced the schedule for summer swim lessons that are tentatively planned to begin June 3, but are subject to change.
Private lessons will consist of six 30-minute sessions. The sessions require two weeks to be set up.
Group lessons will also be offered during the summer. They will consist of eight 45-minute classes, Monday through Thursday for two weeks.
Group lessons will be split into two different age groups. Children, ages 3-5, will be in beginners and meet from 5:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., while ages 5+ will meet from 6:15 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Health Promotions Program Coordinator Abbey Jaffe said she wants to make sure that people know private swim lessons are for everyone, not just one age group.
"Anybody who wants to learn how to swim, we are willing to work with them," said Jaffe. "We've had babies as young as 18 months to people 55 years of age."
Students will be offered discounted prices for private lessons. They will also be offered the discount for group lessons if they have children in those age ranges.
"I think it's great that they offer swim lessons during the summer, especially at discounted prices for Tech students that have kids or any type of family that fits those age groups," said student Morgan Richards.
If a preference is wanted for either a male or female instructor, both options are available and the Health Promotions Office will work to accommodate.
More informationregarding the lessons and lifeguard opportunities can be found online at http://www.tntech.edu/recreation/special/or by calling the Health Promotions Office at (931) 372-6511.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Conti awarded for outstanding leadership
- Bill for $1 SGA student fee tabled until Dec. 2 meeting
- Two business majors arrested on public intoxication charges
- Crosswalks to be improved
- Teen taken into custody for carrying gun on campus
- Tennessee Tech Kappa Sigma chapter turns 50
- SGA constitution: Revisions are finalized to prepare for student vote
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge