Summer swim lessons to begin at Fit, lifeguards needed.
The Health Promotions Office has released the summer swim lesson schedule and is in need of lifeguards for the summer season.
Anyone who would like to lifeguard must be certified and willing to work over the summer. Hours are available over the entire summer period.
"I'm thinking about getting my lifeguard license, and this would be a great way to make some extra money during summer break," said student Michael Farragut.
The office also announced the schedule for summer swim lessons that are tentatively planned to begin June 3, but are subject to change.
Private lessons will consist of six 30-minute sessions. The sessions require two weeks to be set up.
Group lessons will also be offered during the summer. They will consist of eight 45-minute classes, Monday through Thursday for two weeks.
Group lessons will be split into two different age groups. Children, ages 3-5, will be in beginners and meet from 5:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., while ages 5+ will meet from 6:15 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Health Promotions Program Coordinator Abbey Jaffe said she wants to make sure that people know private swim lessons are for everyone, not just one age group.
"Anybody who wants to learn how to swim, we are willing to work with them," said Jaffe. "We've had babies as young as 18 months to people 55 years of age."
Students will be offered discounted prices for private lessons. They will also be offered the discount for group lessons if they have children in those age ranges.
"I think it's great that they offer swim lessons during the summer, especially at discounted prices for Tech students that have kids or any type of family that fits those age groups," said student Morgan Richards.
If a preference is wanted for either a male or female instructor, both options are available and the Health Promotions Office will work to accommodate.
More informationregarding the lessons and lifeguard opportunities can be found online at http://www.tntech.edu/recreation/special/or by calling the Health Promotions Office at (931) 372-6511.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Football receives two OVC Player of the Week honors in win against Murray State
- Volleyball falls short against Jacksonville State in OVC home opener
- Men's golf takes silver at Murray State Invitational
- Pace's Perspective: First OVC win gives Golden Eagles some spark
- Is class canceled? (Spoiler alert: no)
- Athletics Marketing runs football promotions
- TAB Tuesday returns
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES