Summer swim lessons to begin at Fit, lifeguards needed.
The Health Promotions Office has released the summer swim lesson schedule and is in need of lifeguards for the summer season.
Anyone who would like to lifeguard must be certified and willing to work over the summer. Hours are available over the entire summer period.
"I'm thinking about getting my lifeguard license, and this would be a great way to make some extra money during summer break," said student Michael Farragut.
The office also announced the schedule for summer swim lessons that are tentatively planned to begin June 3, but are subject to change.
Private lessons will consist of six 30-minute sessions. The sessions require two weeks to be set up.
Group lessons will also be offered during the summer. They will consist of eight 45-minute classes, Monday through Thursday for two weeks.
Group lessons will be split into two different age groups. Children, ages 3-5, will be in beginners and meet from 5:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., while ages 5+ will meet from 6:15 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Health Promotions Program Coordinator Abbey Jaffe said she wants to make sure that people know private swim lessons are for everyone, not just one age group.
"Anybody who wants to learn how to swim, we are willing to work with them," said Jaffe. "We've had babies as young as 18 months to people 55 years of age."
Students will be offered discounted prices for private lessons. They will also be offered the discount for group lessons if they have children in those age ranges.
"I think it's great that they offer swim lessons during the summer, especially at discounted prices for Tech students that have kids or any type of family that fits those age groups," said student Morgan Richards.
If a preference is wanted for either a male or female instructor, both options are available and the Health Promotions Office will work to accommodate.
More informationregarding the lessons and lifeguard opportunities can be found online at http://www.tntech.edu/recreation/special/or by calling the Health Promotions Office at (931) 372-6511.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Good Dental Care: Make It Safe
- Gran promesa latina lanza línea de moda para el...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida