Summer swim lessons to begin at Fit, lifeguards needed.
The Health Promotions Office has released the summer swim lesson schedule and is in need of lifeguards for the summer season.
Anyone who would like to lifeguard must be certified and willing to work over the summer. Hours are available over the entire summer period.
"I'm thinking about getting my lifeguard license, and this would be a great way to make some extra money during summer break," said student Michael Farragut.
The office also announced the schedule for summer swim lessons that are tentatively planned to begin June 3, but are subject to change.
Private lessons will consist of six 30-minute sessions. The sessions require two weeks to be set up.
Group lessons will also be offered during the summer. They will consist of eight 45-minute classes, Monday through Thursday for two weeks.
Group lessons will be split into two different age groups. Children, ages 3-5, will be in beginners and meet from 5:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., while ages 5+ will meet from 6:15 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Health Promotions Program Coordinator Abbey Jaffe said she wants to make sure that people know private swim lessons are for everyone, not just one age group.
"Anybody who wants to learn how to swim, we are willing to work with them," said Jaffe. "We've had babies as young as 18 months to people 55 years of age."
Students will be offered discounted prices for private lessons. They will also be offered the discount for group lessons if they have children in those age ranges.
"I think it's great that they offer swim lessons during the summer, especially at discounted prices for Tech students that have kids or any type of family that fits those age groups," said student Morgan Richards.
If a preference is wanted for either a male or female instructor, both options are available and the Health Promotions Office will work to accommodate.
More informationregarding the lessons and lifeguard opportunities can be found online at http://www.tntech.edu/recreation/special/or by calling the Health Promotions Office at (931) 372-6511.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor