Brown impressed with spring practices
James Davis hands off to Radir Annoor during the annual Purple and Gold spring game.
Tech's football team ended its spring practices this week.
The Golden Eagles held 15 sessions of spring practice, including the annual Purple and Gold Game.
A common theme in the scrimmages has been emergence of young players, especially on the offense.
"We did get some injuries, but it was not too bad," said Heach Coach Watson Brown. "We had goals of making sure we found the best players we got and fitting our systems to those players."
Spring practice gives players the opportunity to impress coaches and move up the depth chart. Brown noticed several players during the spring sessions.
A new addition to the Tech offense has generated excitement among the players and coaches this spring. The new QW, quarterback-wide receiver, position on offense allows the Golden Eagles to be more flexible and the coaches to utilize the abundance of talent at the quarterback position.
"What we have done is created a QW position and a QB position," said Brown. "We have them out there together. The number one reason I am excited about it is because we think we are getting the best players we have on the field together and that is really important."
Coach Brown has high expectations for the Golden Eagles this upcoming season, especially when it comes to Ohio Valley Conference success.
"I think that we will go into the season where nobody will be better than us," said Brown. "I just do not believe anybody in the league will have a better chance to have a shot at the title. I think there are going to be six or seven teams even as good as us. I believe it is going to be a toss-up year."
The Golden Eagles will be searching for their first OVC title in three years.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!