Greek Week changed to Greek Weekend
Sororities and fraternities at Tech participated in Greek Weekend beginning April 10 through April 12.
"Greek Weekend had never been done before," said sorority member Molly Campbell. "We usually call this event 'Greek Week.' Hopefully, this change is successful."
The events for Greek Weekend started on April 10 with a lip sync competition in Derryberry Auditorium. Each group was judged on costumes, creativity, and performance.
Greek Weekend continued with Relay for Life on April 11 on Tech's football field. Organizations set up tents from 6:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. the next morning. The theme of Relay for Life was "sports." Participants continuously walked laps around the field in honor of cancer victims. The proceeds for Relay for Life went to the American Cancer Society.
The last event of Greek Weekend was community service opportunities beginning at 8:00 a.m. on April 12. Organizations worked around the county to earn community service hours.
The results and winners of Greek Weekend will be announced at the Greek Awards Banquet on April 21.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Oracle News Articles
Recent The Oracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE ORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE ORACLE NEWS
RECENT THE ORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care