Greek Week changed to Greek Weekend
Sororities and fraternities at Tech participated in Greek Weekend beginning April 10 through April 12.
"Greek Weekend had never been done before," said sorority member Molly Campbell. "We usually call this event 'Greek Week.' Hopefully, this change is successful."
The events for Greek Weekend started on April 10 with a lip sync competition in Derryberry Auditorium. Each group was judged on costumes, creativity, and performance.
Greek Weekend continued with Relay for Life on April 11 on Tech's football field. Organizations set up tents from 6:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. the next morning. The theme of Relay for Life was "sports." Participants continuously walked laps around the field in honor of cancer victims. The proceeds for Relay for Life went to the American Cancer Society.
The last event of Greek Weekend was community service opportunities beginning at 8:00 a.m. on April 12. Organizations worked around the county to earn community service hours.
The results and winners of Greek Weekend will be announced at the Greek Awards Banquet on April 21.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Radiohead Welcomes The Past With 'Burn The Witch'
- Oldham and Haslam host forum for campus body about FOCUS act
- ‘I Heart Tech’ week to begin during Tech’s dead week
- Student survey measures campus sustainability
- Public Relations club pairs with Cookeville Fire Department to install smoke...
- Barketing in the Quad to aide Putnam County Animal Shelter
- ‘The Jungle Book’ stands as Disney’s fi rst truly stunning, faithful...
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
- The Big Showdown Over Fingerprinting Uber and Lyft Drivers
- Encryption - Why It Matters to You
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Launch Bold Initiative to Help
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere