Greek Week changed to Greek Weekend
Sororities and fraternities at Tech participated in Greek Weekend beginning April 10 through April 12.
"Greek Weekend had never been done before," said sorority member Molly Campbell. "We usually call this event 'Greek Week.' Hopefully, this change is successful."
The events for Greek Weekend started on April 10 with a lip sync competition in Derryberry Auditorium. Each group was judged on costumes, creativity, and performance.
Greek Weekend continued with Relay for Life on April 11 on Tech's football field. Organizations set up tents from 6:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. the next morning. The theme of Relay for Life was "sports." Participants continuously walked laps around the field in honor of cancer victims. The proceeds for Relay for Life went to the American Cancer Society.
The last event of Greek Weekend was community service opportunities beginning at 8:00 a.m. on April 12. Organizations worked around the county to earn community service hours.
The results and winners of Greek Weekend will be announced at the Greek Awards Banquet on April 21.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- University unveils Tech wall and new logo
- SGA to create focus committees after receiving results from student vote
- Chase Rice wins S.O.L.O. vote for Spring 2016
- IT services relocates location in Volpe Library
- Backdoor Playhouse and Jere Whitson renovations continue through Fall 2017
- New pavilion opens to aid intramural staff with organization
- University room reservation moves to new online system
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown
- Beware Scourge Pricing When Using Apps Like Uber