Track travels to Murray for Simmons
The Tech track and field team heads to Ohio Valley Conference foe Murray State this weekend to compete in the Margaret Simmons Invitational in Murray, Ky. Field events will be starting at 11 a.m. CT and the running events will be on a rolling schedule beginning at 2 p.m.
The Golden Eagles were led by a strong corps of distance runners while competing at the Vanderbilt Black & Gold meet last weekend. Four different runners hit personal-bests, including two by senior Rebecca Cline.
Cline finished in 11th of 36 runners in the 1,500m race, running a PR time of 4:56.68. She then ran a 10:32.58, another individual best, in the 3,000m race where she finished 23rd of 50.
Fellow seniors Meghan O'Donoghue and Peri Winborne also set PRs on the weekend. O'Donoghue joined Cline in the 3,000 meter race, running a new best mark of 11:08.89. Winborne ran the 2,000-meter steeplechase run, and she found herself with a new personal-best time of 7:50.67.
Sophomore Sarah Wilson rounded out the impressive group of distance runners as she ran a personal-best 5:28.14 in the 1,500m race.
Tech will look to keep improving on those marks and keep pushing forward towards the OVC Championships. The Margaret Simmons Invitational is the third of five outdoor meets the Golden Eagles will participate in before heading to the OVC Outdoor Championships, which will be held in Edwardsville, Ill. on the campus of SIU Edwardsville.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- 'Stranger Things' continues Netflix's reign of originality
- Radiohead Welcomes The Past With 'Burn The Witch'
- Oldham and Haslam host forum for campus body about FOCUS act
- ‘I Heart Tech’ week to begin during Tech’s dead week
- Student survey measures campus sustainability
- Public Relations club pairs with Cookeville Fire Department to install smoke...
- Barketing in the Quad to aide Putnam County Animal Shelter
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board