Track travels to Murray for Simmons
The Tech track and field team heads to Ohio Valley Conference foe Murray State this weekend to compete in the Margaret Simmons Invitational in Murray, Ky. Field events will be starting at 11 a.m. CT and the running events will be on a rolling schedule beginning at 2 p.m.
The Golden Eagles were led by a strong corps of distance runners while competing at the Vanderbilt Black & Gold meet last weekend. Four different runners hit personal-bests, including two by senior Rebecca Cline.
Cline finished in 11th of 36 runners in the 1,500m race, running a PR time of 4:56.68. She then ran a 10:32.58, another individual best, in the 3,000m race where she finished 23rd of 50.
Fellow seniors Meghan O'Donoghue and Peri Winborne also set PRs on the weekend. O'Donoghue joined Cline in the 3,000 meter race, running a new best mark of 11:08.89. Winborne ran the 2,000-meter steeplechase run, and she found herself with a new personal-best time of 7:50.67.
Sophomore Sarah Wilson rounded out the impressive group of distance runners as she ran a personal-best 5:28.14 in the 1,500m race.
Tech will look to keep improving on those marks and keep pushing forward towards the OVC Championships. The Margaret Simmons Invitational is the third of five outdoor meets the Golden Eagles will participate in before heading to the OVC Outdoor Championships, which will be held in Edwardsville, Ill. on the campus of SIU Edwardsville.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Oracle News Articles
Recent The Oracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE ORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE ORACLE NEWS
RECENT THE ORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care