Track travels to Murray for Simmons
The Tech track and field team heads to Ohio Valley Conference foe Murray State this weekend to compete in the Margaret Simmons Invitational in Murray, Ky. Field events will be starting at 11 a.m. CT and the running events will be on a rolling schedule beginning at 2 p.m.
The Golden Eagles were led by a strong corps of distance runners while competing at the Vanderbilt Black & Gold meet last weekend. Four different runners hit personal-bests, including two by senior Rebecca Cline.
Cline finished in 11th of 36 runners in the 1,500m race, running a PR time of 4:56.68. She then ran a 10:32.58, another individual best, in the 3,000m race where she finished 23rd of 50.
Fellow seniors Meghan O'Donoghue and Peri Winborne also set PRs on the weekend. O'Donoghue joined Cline in the 3,000 meter race, running a new best mark of 11:08.89. Winborne ran the 2,000-meter steeplechase run, and she found herself with a new personal-best time of 7:50.67.
Sophomore Sarah Wilson rounded out the impressive group of distance runners as she ran a personal-best 5:28.14 in the 1,500m race.
Tech will look to keep improving on those marks and keep pushing forward towards the OVC Championships. The Margaret Simmons Invitational is the third of five outdoor meets the Golden Eagles will participate in before heading to the OVC Outdoor Championships, which will be held in Edwardsville, Ill. on the campus of SIU Edwardsville.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Purple Pride introduced to Cookeville preschoolers
- Street Preachers Return to South Patio
- Internet Outages affect campus productivity, Frontier fixes connectivity
- Flight Plan sets out to increase freshman retention
- Career Services plans for upcoming Oct. Career Fair
- Cookeville highlighted in 'Cookevegas' app
- Neon Trees to take stage in Hoop Tuesday
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections