Track travels to Murray for Simmons
The Tech track and field team heads to Ohio Valley Conference foe Murray State this weekend to compete in the Margaret Simmons Invitational in Murray, Ky. Field events will be starting at 11 a.m. CT and the running events will be on a rolling schedule beginning at 2 p.m.
The Golden Eagles were led by a strong corps of distance runners while competing at the Vanderbilt Black & Gold meet last weekend. Four different runners hit personal-bests, including two by senior Rebecca Cline.
Cline finished in 11th of 36 runners in the 1,500m race, running a PR time of 4:56.68. She then ran a 10:32.58, another individual best, in the 3,000m race where she finished 23rd of 50.
Fellow seniors Meghan O'Donoghue and Peri Winborne also set PRs on the weekend. O'Donoghue joined Cline in the 3,000 meter race, running a new best mark of 11:08.89. Winborne ran the 2,000-meter steeplechase run, and she found herself with a new personal-best time of 7:50.67.
Sophomore Sarah Wilson rounded out the impressive group of distance runners as she ran a personal-best 5:28.14 in the 1,500m race.
Tech will look to keep improving on those marks and keep pushing forward towards the OVC Championships. The Margaret Simmons Invitational is the third of five outdoor meets the Golden Eagles will participate in before heading to the OVC Outdoor Championships, which will be held in Edwardsville, Ill. on the campus of SIU Edwardsville.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum