Track travels to Murray for Simmons
The Tech track and field team heads to Ohio Valley Conference foe Murray State this weekend to compete in the Margaret Simmons Invitational in Murray, Ky. Field events will be starting at 11 a.m. CT and the running events will be on a rolling schedule beginning at 2 p.m.
The Golden Eagles were led by a strong corps of distance runners while competing at the Vanderbilt Black & Gold meet last weekend. Four different runners hit personal-bests, including two by senior Rebecca Cline.
Cline finished in 11th of 36 runners in the 1,500m race, running a PR time of 4:56.68. She then ran a 10:32.58, another individual best, in the 3,000m race where she finished 23rd of 50.
Fellow seniors Meghan O'Donoghue and Peri Winborne also set PRs on the weekend. O'Donoghue joined Cline in the 3,000 meter race, running a new best mark of 11:08.89. Winborne ran the 2,000-meter steeplechase run, and she found herself with a new personal-best time of 7:50.67.
Sophomore Sarah Wilson rounded out the impressive group of distance runners as she ran a personal-best 5:28.14 in the 1,500m race.
Tech will look to keep improving on those marks and keep pushing forward towards the OVC Championships. The Margaret Simmons Invitational is the third of five outdoor meets the Golden Eagles will participate in before heading to the OVC Outdoor Championships, which will be held in Edwardsville, Ill. on the campus of SIU Edwardsville.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Overcome Your Smile Insecurities
- Bringing the Family Together At the Dinner Table
- Good Dental Care: Make It Safe
- Gran promesa latina lanza línea de moda para el...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS
- beIN SPORTS ANNOUNCES 2016-17 CONFERENCE USA MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
- GoFundMe to Award $100,000 in College Scholarships
- 5 Hacks for Back-to-College Planning with Amazon