BeyoncÃ© puts past Super Bowl halftime performances to shame
Months ago BeyoncÃ© was announced to be headlining this year's Super Bowl halftime performance.
Needless to say, I was excited and a tad giddy. After the infamous nip slip and wardrobe malfunction during Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake's Super Bowl XXVII show, the performers in the following years were a letdown. The National Football League decided to go with less risquÃ© performers that included: Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bruce Springsteen and The Who.
No disrespect to those artists, I have tons of their songs on my iPod, but they were just not halftime show material in my mind. They did not really work that hard to get the crowd pumped up or engaged. After a string of halftime shows done by the legends, the NFL decided to start adding some flavor back into the show.
In 2011, this began with The Black Eyed Peas. It failed miserably and I still have a headache from Fergie's horrendous live singing. Last year, they made steps for improvement with the "Queen of Pop," Madonna, taking the stage to perform. I love a good Madonna song and can belt "Like a Virgin" and "Like a Prayer" just as good as the next '80s music junkie, but unfortunately her show just could not totally take me there. It was good and I enjoyed it, but I needed something to get me out of my seat.
Last Sunday, I was out of my seat in under a minute with BeyoncÃ©'s performance. The beginning of the performance was crazy good. The voiceover leading into the fans running onto the field, the huge fiery pyro that exploded to show the amazing stage design and of course the enormous lit up statue that was behind her as she rose upon a platform was marvelously done.
She then started into a few notes of "Love on Top" and, at first, I thought this was going to be her opening song, luckily I was saved from being disappointed. She sang a few more lines of the song and then the spotlight hit her. "Superdome 1, 2, 3, 4," she said. Then bam, she went right into "Crazy in Love". The way she was strutting down that stage, I knew she was coming for us and we were in for one hell of a show!
I was out of my chair faster than Honey Boo Boo's mom chasing a plate of ribs. She was working that stage and the crowd was going nuts! She went on to perform a song I did not know and also "Baby Boy," both of which were good.
Then the Destiny's Child girls fly up on stage. Literally, they were catapulted from beneath the stage and I almost pissed on myself laughing. They started with "Bootylicious," which happens to be my favorite song of theirs, and I loved every minute of it. Next, they did "Independent Women" and joined BeyoncÃ© on "Single Ladies."
The reunion was over and I was pleased. It was nice to see them reunite and Kelly looked good and sang nicely and Michelle was, well she was Michelle. Closing the halftime show, BeyoncÃ© sang "Halo" and it was wonderful. Towards the end of the song, she started whipping her hair like a propeller on the fans in front of the stage and I hated them at that moment. "Halo" was really the first time she had sang all night and not focused on dancing, but nonetheless it was a great closing song to an awesome halftime show.
BeyoncÃ© set the bar very, very high for future performers and I'm anxious to see who the NFL will get for next year. After years of so, so performances and one Black Eyed Peas hot mess, the NFL finally scored with a winning halftime show. When it was over, I was left feeling very satisfied and even a little hot and sweaty. Sounds like a good time to me!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections