'How I Met Your Mother' finale outrage
Devout "How I Met your Mother" fans watched the show for the final time last week with a little less enthusiasm than expected. Just a warning to all-many spoilers will be spilling out of this article.
The mom dies? Robin and Barney divorce? Ted goes back to Robin?
Whoa, wait. No.
Fans took to Twitter and other forms of social media pretty quickly after the finale aired to put in their two cents.
One tweet from @SnarkOff read, "I just feel like I just found out that my favorite love song was written about a sandwich."
Another negative tweet came from fan @JakeHarris4, saying, "How I Threw Away 9 Years of Character Development."
Needless to say, fans did not show much appreciation to co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas' ending that "they'd mapped out from the beginning," according to Entertainment Weekly. Bays also threw in, "Not everyone is going to like it, but that was never the guarantee anyway."
Though a "satisfaction guarantee" is never promised, fans proved they wanted a lot more out of the show than they were given.
Throughout the show, an ongoing relationship with Ted and Robin is obvious. However, as a fan, we were rooting for Robin and Barney to end up successfully, instead. Seeing this relationship fail after all the emotional tugging they put on their audience feels like a hit below the belt.
Maybe the better way to say it is that the writers have insulted their fan base.
As for the mom dying, reassuring the fans will be difficult. You can only build up the show for so long (nine years) to just ruin the title itself. They might as well rename it "How I Met Your Mother Barely and Then She Died So I Moved on to My Ex-Lover."
Wordy, but at least it's factual.
According to "Rolling Stone" this week, Bays said an alternate ending is out there and is said to be included in the season nine box set.
Bays said, "Sixteen days ago today, we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings. We only shot one script, but through edit room magic, we had two possible outcomes for the series. We chose the ending we chose, and we stand by it. But, we loved the other version, too."
So, for all those out there who still want a little more pep in their step and security in their HIMYM relationship, the writers have been made aware and are planning to accommodate.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates