'How I Met Your Mother' finale outrage
Devout "How I Met your Mother" fans watched the show for the final time last week with a little less enthusiasm than expected. Just a warning to all-many spoilers will be spilling out of this article.
The mom dies? Robin and Barney divorce? Ted goes back to Robin?
Whoa, wait. No.
Fans took to Twitter and other forms of social media pretty quickly after the finale aired to put in their two cents.
One tweet from @SnarkOff read, "I just feel like I just found out that my favorite love song was written about a sandwich."
Another negative tweet came from fan @JakeHarris4, saying, "How I Threw Away 9 Years of Character Development."
Needless to say, fans did not show much appreciation to co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas' ending that "they'd mapped out from the beginning," according to Entertainment Weekly. Bays also threw in, "Not everyone is going to like it, but that was never the guarantee anyway."
Though a "satisfaction guarantee" is never promised, fans proved they wanted a lot more out of the show than they were given.
Throughout the show, an ongoing relationship with Ted and Robin is obvious. However, as a fan, we were rooting for Robin and Barney to end up successfully, instead. Seeing this relationship fail after all the emotional tugging they put on their audience feels like a hit below the belt.
Maybe the better way to say it is that the writers have insulted their fan base.
As for the mom dying, reassuring the fans will be difficult. You can only build up the show for so long (nine years) to just ruin the title itself. They might as well rename it "How I Met Your Mother Barely and Then She Died So I Moved on to My Ex-Lover."
Wordy, but at least it's factual.
According to "Rolling Stone" this week, Bays said an alternate ending is out there and is said to be included in the season nine box set.
Bays said, "Sixteen days ago today, we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings. We only shot one script, but through edit room magic, we had two possible outcomes for the series. We chose the ending we chose, and we stand by it. But, we loved the other version, too."
So, for all those out there who still want a little more pep in their step and security in their HIMYM relationship, the writers have been made aware and are planning to accommodate.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- 'Stranger Things' continues Netflix's reign of originality
- Radiohead Welcomes The Past With 'Burn The Witch'
- Oldham and Haslam host forum for campus body about FOCUS act
- ‘I Heart Tech’ week to begin during Tech’s dead week
- Student survey measures campus sustainability
- Public Relations club pairs with Cookeville Fire Department to install smoke...
- Barketing in the Quad to aide Putnam County Animal Shelter
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board