'How I Met Your Mother' finale outrage
Devout "How I Met your Mother" fans watched the show for the final time last week with a little less enthusiasm than expected. Just a warning to all-many spoilers will be spilling out of this article.
The mom dies? Robin and Barney divorce? Ted goes back to Robin?
Whoa, wait. No.
Fans took to Twitter and other forms of social media pretty quickly after the finale aired to put in their two cents.
One tweet from @SnarkOff read, "I just feel like I just found out that my favorite love song was written about a sandwich."
Another negative tweet came from fan @JakeHarris4, saying, "How I Threw Away 9 Years of Character Development."
Needless to say, fans did not show much appreciation to co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas' ending that "they'd mapped out from the beginning," according to Entertainment Weekly. Bays also threw in, "Not everyone is going to like it, but that was never the guarantee anyway."
Though a "satisfaction guarantee" is never promised, fans proved they wanted a lot more out of the show than they were given.
Throughout the show, an ongoing relationship with Ted and Robin is obvious. However, as a fan, we were rooting for Robin and Barney to end up successfully, instead. Seeing this relationship fail after all the emotional tugging they put on their audience feels like a hit below the belt.
Maybe the better way to say it is that the writers have insulted their fan base.
As for the mom dying, reassuring the fans will be difficult. You can only build up the show for so long (nine years) to just ruin the title itself. They might as well rename it "How I Met Your Mother Barely and Then She Died So I Moved on to My Ex-Lover."
Wordy, but at least it's factual.
According to "Rolling Stone" this week, Bays said an alternate ending is out there and is said to be included in the season nine box set.
Bays said, "Sixteen days ago today, we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings. We only shot one script, but through edit room magic, we had two possible outcomes for the series. We chose the ending we chose, and we stand by it. But, we loved the other version, too."
So, for all those out there who still want a little more pep in their step and security in their HIMYM relationship, the writers have been made aware and are planning to accommodate.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections