'How I Met Your Mother' finale outrage
Devout "How I Met your Mother" fans watched the show for the final time last week with a little less enthusiasm than expected. Just a warning to all-many spoilers will be spilling out of this article.
The mom dies? Robin and Barney divorce? Ted goes back to Robin?
Whoa, wait. No.
Fans took to Twitter and other forms of social media pretty quickly after the finale aired to put in their two cents.
One tweet from @SnarkOff read, "I just feel like I just found out that my favorite love song was written about a sandwich."
Another negative tweet came from fan @JakeHarris4, saying, "How I Threw Away 9 Years of Character Development."
Needless to say, fans did not show much appreciation to co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas' ending that "they'd mapped out from the beginning," according to Entertainment Weekly. Bays also threw in, "Not everyone is going to like it, but that was never the guarantee anyway."
Though a "satisfaction guarantee" is never promised, fans proved they wanted a lot more out of the show than they were given.
Throughout the show, an ongoing relationship with Ted and Robin is obvious. However, as a fan, we were rooting for Robin and Barney to end up successfully, instead. Seeing this relationship fail after all the emotional tugging they put on their audience feels like a hit below the belt.
Maybe the better way to say it is that the writers have insulted their fan base.
As for the mom dying, reassuring the fans will be difficult. You can only build up the show for so long (nine years) to just ruin the title itself. They might as well rename it "How I Met Your Mother Barely and Then She Died So I Moved on to My Ex-Lover."
Wordy, but at least it's factual.
According to "Rolling Stone" this week, Bays said an alternate ending is out there and is said to be included in the season nine box set.
Bays said, "Sixteen days ago today, we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings. We only shot one script, but through edit room magic, we had two possible outcomes for the series. We chose the ending we chose, and we stand by it. But, we loved the other version, too."
So, for all those out there who still want a little more pep in their step and security in their HIMYM relationship, the writers have been made aware and are planning to accommodate.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Student body crowns Mr. and Miss Tennessee Tech
- Brewer, Sutton are selected for the OVC All-Tournament team
- Is the College Football Playoff selection committee making the right choices?
- Volpe Library website to change depending on survey results
- Former Reagan adviser to give talk through S.O.L.O. program
- Counseling Center and Volpe Library offer test anxiety workshop
- Shia LeBeouf gets personal in latest stunt
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities