'How I Met Your Mother' finale outrage
Devout "How I Met your Mother" fans watched the show for the final time last week with a little less enthusiasm than expected. Just a warning to all-many spoilers will be spilling out of this article.
The mom dies? Robin and Barney divorce? Ted goes back to Robin?
Whoa, wait. No.
Fans took to Twitter and other forms of social media pretty quickly after the finale aired to put in their two cents.
One tweet from @SnarkOff read, "I just feel like I just found out that my favorite love song was written about a sandwich."
Another negative tweet came from fan @JakeHarris4, saying, "How I Threw Away 9 Years of Character Development."
Needless to say, fans did not show much appreciation to co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas' ending that "they'd mapped out from the beginning," according to Entertainment Weekly. Bays also threw in, "Not everyone is going to like it, but that was never the guarantee anyway."
Though a "satisfaction guarantee" is never promised, fans proved they wanted a lot more out of the show than they were given.
Throughout the show, an ongoing relationship with Ted and Robin is obvious. However, as a fan, we were rooting for Robin and Barney to end up successfully, instead. Seeing this relationship fail after all the emotional tugging they put on their audience feels like a hit below the belt.
Maybe the better way to say it is that the writers have insulted their fan base.
As for the mom dying, reassuring the fans will be difficult. You can only build up the show for so long (nine years) to just ruin the title itself. They might as well rename it "How I Met Your Mother Barely and Then She Died So I Moved on to My Ex-Lover."
Wordy, but at least it's factual.
According to "Rolling Stone" this week, Bays said an alternate ending is out there and is said to be included in the season nine box set.
Bays said, "Sixteen days ago today, we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings. We only shot one script, but through edit room magic, we had two possible outcomes for the series. We chose the ending we chose, and we stand by it. But, we loved the other version, too."
So, for all those out there who still want a little more pep in their step and security in their HIMYM relationship, the writers have been made aware and are planning to accommodate.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Conti awarded for outstanding leadership
- Bill for $1 SGA student fee tabled until Dec. 2 meeting
- Two business majors arrested on public intoxication charges
- Crosswalks to be improved
- Teen taken into custody for carrying gun on campus
- Tennessee Tech Kappa Sigma chapter turns 50
- SGA constitution: Revisions are finalized to prepare for student vote
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge