'How I Met Your Mother' finale outrage
Devout "How I Met your Mother" fans watched the show for the final time last week with a little less enthusiasm than expected. Just a warning to all-many spoilers will be spilling out of this article.
The mom dies? Robin and Barney divorce? Ted goes back to Robin?
Whoa, wait. No.
Fans took to Twitter and other forms of social media pretty quickly after the finale aired to put in their two cents.
One tweet from @SnarkOff read, "I just feel like I just found out that my favorite love song was written about a sandwich."
Another negative tweet came from fan @JakeHarris4, saying, "How I Threw Away 9 Years of Character Development."
Needless to say, fans did not show much appreciation to co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas' ending that "they'd mapped out from the beginning," according to Entertainment Weekly. Bays also threw in, "Not everyone is going to like it, but that was never the guarantee anyway."
Though a "satisfaction guarantee" is never promised, fans proved they wanted a lot more out of the show than they were given.
Throughout the show, an ongoing relationship with Ted and Robin is obvious. However, as a fan, we were rooting for Robin and Barney to end up successfully, instead. Seeing this relationship fail after all the emotional tugging they put on their audience feels like a hit below the belt.
Maybe the better way to say it is that the writers have insulted their fan base.
As for the mom dying, reassuring the fans will be difficult. You can only build up the show for so long (nine years) to just ruin the title itself. They might as well rename it "How I Met Your Mother Barely and Then She Died So I Moved on to My Ex-Lover."
Wordy, but at least it's factual.
According to "Rolling Stone" this week, Bays said an alternate ending is out there and is said to be included in the season nine box set.
Bays said, "Sixteen days ago today, we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings. We only shot one script, but through edit room magic, we had two possible outcomes for the series. We chose the ending we chose, and we stand by it. But, we loved the other version, too."
So, for all those out there who still want a little more pep in their step and security in their HIMYM relationship, the writers have been made aware and are planning to accommodate.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Football receives two OVC Player of the Week honors in win against Murray State
- Volleyball falls short against Jacksonville State in OVC home opener
- Men's golf takes silver at Murray State Invitational
- Pace's Perspective: First OVC win gives Golden Eagles some spark
- Is class canceled? (Spoiler alert: no)
- Athletics Marketing runs football promotions
- TAB Tuesday returns
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES