'She Kills Monsters' preview
Tech's Backdoor Playhouse will host a different kind of play for its spring production.
"She Kills Monsters" is a comedy-drama about a woman who finds her recently deceased sister's Dungeons and Dragons notebook and sets on a journey in the imaginary world of the game.
"I read the play and immediately fell in love with it," director of the play Mark Creter said. "The dialogue is smart, the characters are rich and funny, and the central message of how often we don't know our family and the importance of finding the tribe we need really speaks to me."
Creter said he was more interested in the play because of his own experience with comic books and pencil and paper role-playing games. In the late 1970s, he played Empire of the Petal Throne, then graduated to Dungeons and Dragons in the 80s.
"I drifted away from D&D in adulthood so it has been fun getting reacquainted with that world by working on this play," said Creter.
Creter is confident that anyone can enjoy the production, though.
"This play is about family and friends and the importance of finding your place in the world," Creter said. "The play is tremendously funny and smart. I think it will be a fun evening for everyone.
"The success of 'The Rocky Horror Show' allows me to take chances on producing less well known works such as 'She Kills Monsters,' so I hope we see big crowds for this as well," said Creter.
"She Kills Monsters," written by Qui Nguyen, will be shown at the Backdoor Playhouse April 3-12 and is free to all Tech students.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge