'She Kills Monsters' preview
Tech's Backdoor Playhouse will host a different kind of play for its spring production.
"She Kills Monsters" is a comedy-drama about a woman who finds her recently deceased sister's Dungeons and Dragons notebook and sets on a journey in the imaginary world of the game.
"I read the play and immediately fell in love with it," director of the play Mark Creter said. "The dialogue is smart, the characters are rich and funny, and the central message of how often we don't know our family and the importance of finding the tribe we need really speaks to me."
Creter said he was more interested in the play because of his own experience with comic books and pencil and paper role-playing games. In the late 1970s, he played Empire of the Petal Throne, then graduated to Dungeons and Dragons in the 80s.
"I drifted away from D&D in adulthood so it has been fun getting reacquainted with that world by working on this play," said Creter.
Creter is confident that anyone can enjoy the production, though.
"This play is about family and friends and the importance of finding your place in the world," Creter said. "The play is tremendously funny and smart. I think it will be a fun evening for everyone.
"The success of 'The Rocky Horror Show' allows me to take chances on producing less well known works such as 'She Kills Monsters,' so I hope we see big crowds for this as well," said Creter.
"She Kills Monsters," written by Qui Nguyen, will be shown at the Backdoor Playhouse April 3-12 and is free to all Tech students.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!