'She Kills Monsters' preview
Tech's Backdoor Playhouse will host a different kind of play for its spring production.
"She Kills Monsters" is a comedy-drama about a woman who finds her recently deceased sister's Dungeons and Dragons notebook and sets on a journey in the imaginary world of the game.
"I read the play and immediately fell in love with it," director of the play Mark Creter said. "The dialogue is smart, the characters are rich and funny, and the central message of how often we don't know our family and the importance of finding the tribe we need really speaks to me."
Creter said he was more interested in the play because of his own experience with comic books and pencil and paper role-playing games. In the late 1970s, he played Empire of the Petal Throne, then graduated to Dungeons and Dragons in the 80s.
"I drifted away from D&D in adulthood so it has been fun getting reacquainted with that world by working on this play," said Creter.
Creter is confident that anyone can enjoy the production, though.
"This play is about family and friends and the importance of finding your place in the world," Creter said. "The play is tremendously funny and smart. I think it will be a fun evening for everyone.
"The success of 'The Rocky Horror Show' allows me to take chances on producing less well known works such as 'She Kills Monsters,' so I hope we see big crowds for this as well," said Creter.
"She Kills Monsters," written by Qui Nguyen, will be shown at the Backdoor Playhouse April 3-12 and is free to all Tech students.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor