Henderson, Golden Eagles bounce early
The Golden Eagles women's basketball team (12-18, 9-7) ended its season on March 6 in the opening round of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament against Jacksonville State. The loss came on a game winning layup from the Gamecocks in the closing seconds. The 57-56 loss abruptly finished the women's up and down season.
Junior guard Diamond Henderson finished the game with 21 points and six assists, capping off her stellar third year. Though the season did not finish the way she and the team expected it to, next year holds great prospect for them.
"Things went much unexpected in the tournament," said Henderson. "I don't think anyone was prepared for losing by a buzzer beater. I feel good about this group for next year; we have a lot of hard workers and great recruits coming in."
Henderson's 19.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game average helped her garner First Team All-OVC honors. This is her second year in a row receiving this honor.
"For me, making OVC First-Team is just proving people wrong," said Henderson. "It's another stepping stone in my career that's getting me ready for what's next in my life. Not many people have the work ethic to be able to score 1,000 points in two years. I'm really blessed to be a part of this."
Along with the return of Henderson, the team's leading post player, Candace Parson, will be returning for her senior year. Also, returning next season after injuries are T'Keyah Williams and Shunice Herron. Expect the Golden Eagles to be very competitive in the OVC next year.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!