Henderson, Golden Eagles bounce early
The Golden Eagles women's basketball team (12-18, 9-7) ended its season on March 6 in the opening round of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament against Jacksonville State. The loss came on a game winning layup from the Gamecocks in the closing seconds. The 57-56 loss abruptly finished the women's up and down season.
Junior guard Diamond Henderson finished the game with 21 points and six assists, capping off her stellar third year. Though the season did not finish the way she and the team expected it to, next year holds great prospect for them.
"Things went much unexpected in the tournament," said Henderson. "I don't think anyone was prepared for losing by a buzzer beater. I feel good about this group for next year; we have a lot of hard workers and great recruits coming in."
Henderson's 19.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game average helped her garner First Team All-OVC honors. This is her second year in a row receiving this honor.
"For me, making OVC First-Team is just proving people wrong," said Henderson. "It's another stepping stone in my career that's getting me ready for what's next in my life. Not many people have the work ethic to be able to score 1,000 points in two years. I'm really blessed to be a part of this."
Along with the return of Henderson, the team's leading post player, Candace Parson, will be returning for her senior year. Also, returning next season after injuries are T'Keyah Williams and Shunice Herron. Expect the Golden Eagles to be very competitive in the OVC next year.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program