Softball drops two at JSU
The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles softball team (8-21, 0-3) fell to the Jacksonville State Gamecocks over the weekend in its first OVC matchup of the season.
Early deficits were to be the Golden Eagles' downfall in Saturday's doubleheader. In both matches, the Golden Eagles allowed five runs within just the first inning
The Golden Eagles were only able to notch two hits in game one, one by senior Kendall Hooper, the other by sophomore Courtney Fry, but never got on the board. The contest ended 9-0.
Two Golden Eagles errors helped the Gamecocks to go up 5-0 in the first inning of game two. Fighting back, the Golden Eagles managed four runs in the third but that was all they would earn. The Gamecocks dominated the remaining innings and finished the game 17-4.
On Sunday, the Golden Eagles looked much better. In the top of the sixth, with the score tied at one, junior Angi Sakamoro and Hooper hit back-to-back solo home runs. The Gamecocks, however, spoiled the party in the seventh with a walk-off 3-run home run.
"We will win this weekend, I'm sure of it. We just need to play seven full innings of offense and defense," said Hooper. "I expect us to go nowhere but up from here."
The Golden Eagles will return to Cookeville to take on SIU Edwardsville on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. and Eastern Illinois on March 23 at noon. Both days are doubleheader matchups.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Factors surrounding SOLO concert cause early August vote
- 'Stranger Things' continues Netflix's reign of originality
- Radiohead Welcomes The Past With 'Burn The Witch'
- Oldham and Haslam host forum for campus body about FOCUS act
- ‘I Heart Tech’ week to begin during Tech’s dead week
- Student survey measures campus sustainability
- Public Relations club pairs with Cookeville Fire Department to install smoke...
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain
- Lighting Tips to Enhance Your Outdoor Living Space