Softball drops two at JSU
The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles softball team (8-21, 0-3) fell to the Jacksonville State Gamecocks over the weekend in its first OVC matchup of the season.
Early deficits were to be the Golden Eagles' downfall in Saturday's doubleheader. In both matches, the Golden Eagles allowed five runs within just the first inning
The Golden Eagles were only able to notch two hits in game one, one by senior Kendall Hooper, the other by sophomore Courtney Fry, but never got on the board. The contest ended 9-0.
Two Golden Eagles errors helped the Gamecocks to go up 5-0 in the first inning of game two. Fighting back, the Golden Eagles managed four runs in the third but that was all they would earn. The Gamecocks dominated the remaining innings and finished the game 17-4.
On Sunday, the Golden Eagles looked much better. In the top of the sixth, with the score tied at one, junior Angi Sakamoro and Hooper hit back-to-back solo home runs. The Gamecocks, however, spoiled the party in the seventh with a walk-off 3-run home run.
"We will win this weekend, I'm sure of it. We just need to play seven full innings of offense and defense," said Hooper. "I expect us to go nowhere but up from here."
The Golden Eagles will return to Cookeville to take on SIU Edwardsville on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. and Eastern Illinois on March 23 at noon. Both days are doubleheader matchups.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- 'The Hunting Ground' sheds light on campus rape epidemic
- Seeing the man behind the badge
- Sticks and Stones: Why words can hurt the most
- TKE brother found unresponsive in fraternity house
- Davis, Payne discuss their keys to success this season
- Soccer improves to 3-0 in OVC after winning conference home opener
- De Niro and Hathaway charm the audience with their dynamic chemistry
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids