Softball drops two at JSU
The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles softball team (8-21, 0-3) fell to the Jacksonville State Gamecocks over the weekend in its first OVC matchup of the season.
Early deficits were to be the Golden Eagles' downfall in Saturday's doubleheader. In both matches, the Golden Eagles allowed five runs within just the first inning
The Golden Eagles were only able to notch two hits in game one, one by senior Kendall Hooper, the other by sophomore Courtney Fry, but never got on the board. The contest ended 9-0.
Two Golden Eagles errors helped the Gamecocks to go up 5-0 in the first inning of game two. Fighting back, the Golden Eagles managed four runs in the third but that was all they would earn. The Gamecocks dominated the remaining innings and finished the game 17-4.
On Sunday, the Golden Eagles looked much better. In the top of the sixth, with the score tied at one, junior Angi Sakamoro and Hooper hit back-to-back solo home runs. The Gamecocks, however, spoiled the party in the seventh with a walk-off 3-run home run.
"We will win this weekend, I'm sure of it. We just need to play seven full innings of offense and defense," said Hooper. "I expect us to go nowhere but up from here."
The Golden Eagles will return to Cookeville to take on SIU Edwardsville on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. and Eastern Illinois on March 23 at noon. Both days are doubleheader matchups.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Will next season be better for Golden Eagles?
- Campus placed on yellow status
- Ming Wang gives lecture on life, eye health, music
- Project Plans for new fitness center still being worked out
- Mechanical Engineering wins E-Week 2015
- Dodd represents Tech in USA tryout
- SGA approves S.O.L.O. funding for upcoming events
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone