Softball drops two at JSU
The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles softball team (8-21, 0-3) fell to the Jacksonville State Gamecocks over the weekend in its first OVC matchup of the season.
Early deficits were to be the Golden Eagles' downfall in Saturday's doubleheader. In both matches, the Golden Eagles allowed five runs within just the first inning
The Golden Eagles were only able to notch two hits in game one, one by senior Kendall Hooper, the other by sophomore Courtney Fry, but never got on the board. The contest ended 9-0.
Two Golden Eagles errors helped the Gamecocks to go up 5-0 in the first inning of game two. Fighting back, the Golden Eagles managed four runs in the third but that was all they would earn. The Gamecocks dominated the remaining innings and finished the game 17-4.
On Sunday, the Golden Eagles looked much better. In the top of the sixth, with the score tied at one, junior Angi Sakamoro and Hooper hit back-to-back solo home runs. The Gamecocks, however, spoiled the party in the seventh with a walk-off 3-run home run.
"We will win this weekend, I'm sure of it. We just need to play seven full innings of offense and defense," said Hooper. "I expect us to go nowhere but up from here."
The Golden Eagles will return to Cookeville to take on SIU Edwardsville on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. and Eastern Illinois on March 23 at noon. Both days are doubleheader matchups.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities