Men's basketball downed in second round
The men's Basketball team (17-6, 9-7) ended its season after a loss to Morehead State in the second round of the OVC tournament.
"Overall, we had a good year. More than doubling last year's conference wins was big for the returning guys going into next season," said player Jeremiah Samarrippas.
The Golden Eagles won their first game of the OVC tournament against SIU Edwardsville on March 5. Seniors Javon McKay, Dennis Ogbe, Jeremiah Samarrippas finished in double figures. Junior Dwan Caldwell also added 10 points as the Golden Eagles defeated the Panthers 74-67 and moved on to the second round.
The very next night, the Golden Eagles took on Morehead State. Early first half deficits caused problems for the Golden Eagles. They would trail by as much as 15 points in the half.
Towards the end of the first, the Golden Eagles brought the Morehead lead down to two after a jumper by Dwan Caldwell with 1:42 left to play.
Morehead State would stretch the lead back to five before the halftime buzzer.
The Golden Eagles were never able to pull back into contention as the Eagles led the entire second half by no less than double digits.
Josiah Moore led Tech with 18 points on night.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- 'The Hunting Ground' sheds light on campus rape epidemic
- Seeing the man behind the badge
- Sticks and Stones: Why words can hurt the most
- TKE brother found unresponsive in fraternity house
- Davis, Payne discuss their keys to success this season
- Soccer improves to 3-0 in OVC after winning conference home opener
- De Niro and Hathaway charm the audience with their dynamic chemistry
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move