Men's basketball downed in second round
The men's Basketball team (17-6, 9-7) ended its season after a loss to Morehead State in the second round of the OVC tournament.
"Overall, we had a good year. More than doubling last year's conference wins was big for the returning guys going into next season," said player Jeremiah Samarrippas.
The Golden Eagles won their first game of the OVC tournament against SIU Edwardsville on March 5. Seniors Javon McKay, Dennis Ogbe, Jeremiah Samarrippas finished in double figures. Junior Dwan Caldwell also added 10 points as the Golden Eagles defeated the Panthers 74-67 and moved on to the second round.
The very next night, the Golden Eagles took on Morehead State. Early first half deficits caused problems for the Golden Eagles. They would trail by as much as 15 points in the half.
Towards the end of the first, the Golden Eagles brought the Morehead lead down to two after a jumper by Dwan Caldwell with 1:42 left to play.
Morehead State would stretch the lead back to five before the halftime buzzer.
The Golden Eagles were never able to pull back into contention as the Eagles led the entire second half by no less than double digits.
Josiah Moore led Tech with 18 points on night.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Oracle News Articles
Recent The Oracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE ORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE ORACLE NEWS
RECENT THE ORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...