Men's basketball downed in second round
The men's Basketball team (17-6, 9-7) ended its season after a loss to Morehead State in the second round of the OVC tournament.
"Overall, we had a good year. More than doubling last year's conference wins was big for the returning guys going into next season," said player Jeremiah Samarrippas.
The Golden Eagles won their first game of the OVC tournament against SIU Edwardsville on March 5. Seniors Javon McKay, Dennis Ogbe, Jeremiah Samarrippas finished in double figures. Junior Dwan Caldwell also added 10 points as the Golden Eagles defeated the Panthers 74-67 and moved on to the second round.
The very next night, the Golden Eagles took on Morehead State. Early first half deficits caused problems for the Golden Eagles. They would trail by as much as 15 points in the half.
Towards the end of the first, the Golden Eagles brought the Morehead lead down to two after a jumper by Dwan Caldwell with 1:42 left to play.
Morehead State would stretch the lead back to five before the halftime buzzer.
The Golden Eagles were never able to pull back into contention as the Eagles led the entire second half by no less than double digits.
Josiah Moore led Tech with 18 points on night.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses