Men's basketball downed in second round
The men's Basketball team (17-6, 9-7) ended its season after a loss to Morehead State in the second round of the OVC tournament.
"Overall, we had a good year. More than doubling last year's conference wins was big for the returning guys going into next season," said player Jeremiah Samarrippas.
The Golden Eagles won their first game of the OVC tournament against SIU Edwardsville on March 5. Seniors Javon McKay, Dennis Ogbe, Jeremiah Samarrippas finished in double figures. Junior Dwan Caldwell also added 10 points as the Golden Eagles defeated the Panthers 74-67 and moved on to the second round.
The very next night, the Golden Eagles took on Morehead State. Early first half deficits caused problems for the Golden Eagles. They would trail by as much as 15 points in the half.
Towards the end of the first, the Golden Eagles brought the Morehead lead down to two after a jumper by Dwan Caldwell with 1:42 left to play.
Morehead State would stretch the lead back to five before the halftime buzzer.
The Golden Eagles were never able to pull back into contention as the Eagles led the entire second half by no less than double digits.
Josiah Moore led Tech with 18 points on night.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind