Battling back to take series
The Golden Eagles baseball team (17-4, 4-2) rallied back to take the series 2-1 against Morehead State after losing the first game of Saturday's double-header.
Tech dominated early in Friday's matchup against the Eagles, taking a devastating 15-0 win. Jake Rowland, Brandon Thomasson and Dylan Bosheers all cranked out home runs for the Golden Eagles.
"I feel great about our offense," said Bosheers. "We are starting to click and I think this is great momentum for us going into our next few conference games."
While the offense of the Golden Eagles put runs on the board, starting pitcher David Hess and relief pitcher John Gora kept the Morehead tally at nil through nine innings.
"We have a great pitching staff," said Hess. "We have a lot of talent and a great mixture of types of pitchers."
Due to weather predictions, Saturday turned into a doubleheader in Bush Stadium. The Golden Eagles fell in extra innings in the first game. In the top of the 10th, Daniel Miles hit a solo home run, but Morehead rallied back, scoring two runs and the win.
Tech wasted no time avenging the loss, as they scored a devastating 10 runs, on seven hits, in the first inning of the second game. Zach Stephens homered in his second at-bat of the inning. Bosheers would knock another solo shot to lead off the second inning for the Golden Eagles as they cruised to a 17-8 win.
Tech returns to action at 6:00 p.m. at Bush Stadium March 21 against in-state rival UT-Martin. All home games are free of charge.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month