Battling back to take series
The Golden Eagles baseball team (17-4, 4-2) rallied back to take the series 2-1 against Morehead State after losing the first game of Saturday's double-header.
Tech dominated early in Friday's matchup against the Eagles, taking a devastating 15-0 win. Jake Rowland, Brandon Thomasson and Dylan Bosheers all cranked out home runs for the Golden Eagles.
"I feel great about our offense," said Bosheers. "We are starting to click and I think this is great momentum for us going into our next few conference games."
While the offense of the Golden Eagles put runs on the board, starting pitcher David Hess and relief pitcher John Gora kept the Morehead tally at nil through nine innings.
"We have a great pitching staff," said Hess. "We have a lot of talent and a great mixture of types of pitchers."
Due to weather predictions, Saturday turned into a doubleheader in Bush Stadium. The Golden Eagles fell in extra innings in the first game. In the top of the 10th, Daniel Miles hit a solo home run, but Morehead rallied back, scoring two runs and the win.
Tech wasted no time avenging the loss, as they scored a devastating 10 runs, on seven hits, in the first inning of the second game. Zach Stephens homered in his second at-bat of the inning. Bosheers would knock another solo shot to lead off the second inning for the Golden Eagles as they cruised to a 17-8 win.
Tech returns to action at 6:00 p.m. at Bush Stadium March 21 against in-state rival UT-Martin. All home games are free of charge.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- 'The Hunting Ground' sheds light on campus rape epidemic
- Seeing the man behind the badge
- Sticks and Stones: Why words can hurt the most
- TKE brother found unresponsive in fraternity house
- Davis, Payne discuss their keys to success this season
- Soccer improves to 3-0 in OVC after winning conference home opener
- De Niro and Hathaway charm the audience with their dynamic chemistry
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move