Battling back to take series
The Golden Eagles baseball team (17-4, 4-2) rallied back to take the series 2-1 against Morehead State after losing the first game of Saturday's double-header.
Tech dominated early in Friday's matchup against the Eagles, taking a devastating 15-0 win. Jake Rowland, Brandon Thomasson and Dylan Bosheers all cranked out home runs for the Golden Eagles.
"I feel great about our offense," said Bosheers. "We are starting to click and I think this is great momentum for us going into our next few conference games."
While the offense of the Golden Eagles put runs on the board, starting pitcher David Hess and relief pitcher John Gora kept the Morehead tally at nil through nine innings.
"We have a great pitching staff," said Hess. "We have a lot of talent and a great mixture of types of pitchers."
Due to weather predictions, Saturday turned into a doubleheader in Bush Stadium. The Golden Eagles fell in extra innings in the first game. In the top of the 10th, Daniel Miles hit a solo home run, but Morehead rallied back, scoring two runs and the win.
Tech wasted no time avenging the loss, as they scored a devastating 10 runs, on seven hits, in the first inning of the second game. Zach Stephens homered in his second at-bat of the inning. Bosheers would knock another solo shot to lead off the second inning for the Golden Eagles as they cruised to a 17-8 win.
Tech returns to action at 6:00 p.m. at Bush Stadium March 21 against in-state rival UT-Martin. All home games are free of charge.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
- Backpack Offers Instant Drink Discreetly At the Push of a...
- Stem Cells, Biologics Could Be Answer to Next Generation...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS