Trade in funds for fashion
`Fashion Me Fabulous is a clothing re-sale event that will be hosted by Tech's Merchandising Association from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on April 3 and 4 on South Patio.
All proceeds from the sale will benefit the organization and its members.
Merchandising Association President Lacey Givens said, "We sell donated gently-used women's and men's clothing, shoes and accessories."
Catherine Fitzpatrick is a co-chair for Fashion Me Fabulous.
"The overall goal of the event is to sell gently-used clothing to students, faculty members and staff at greatly reduced prices," Fitzpatrick said, "and to be able to fund study tours that the Merchandising Association takes throughout the year."
Givens said the group is headed to New York City this May to meet with designers, see showrooms of major brands, and gain more exposure to the fashion industry in the city.
Fitzpatrick said, "These [trips] allow us to get our names out there for future internship opportunities."
The Merchandising Association encourages everyone on campus, including students, faculty and staff, to donate any gently-used clothing items or accessories they have in order to make the sale a success.
"The most stressful part of Fashion Me Fabulous is always whether or not we will have enough donations to have a successful event," Chloe Travis, co-chair of Fashion Me Fabulous, said.
Fitzpatrick added, "Items can be clothes, ties, hats, belts, coats - we'll take anything and everything."
For those interested in donating items for the sale, the deadline is April 1.
All donations should be dropped off in the main office in Foundation Hall.
In the event that weather does not permit the event to be held outside on South Patio, the sale will take place in the Tech Pride Room in the R.U.C.
For more information, contact the School of Human Ecology in Foundation Hall, or visit the Merchandising Association's page on the Tech website.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR