Trade in funds for fashion
`Fashion Me Fabulous is a clothing re-sale event that will be hosted by Tech's Merchandising Association from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on April 3 and 4 on South Patio.
All proceeds from the sale will benefit the organization and its members.
Merchandising Association President Lacey Givens said, "We sell donated gently-used women's and men's clothing, shoes and accessories."
Catherine Fitzpatrick is a co-chair for Fashion Me Fabulous.
"The overall goal of the event is to sell gently-used clothing to students, faculty members and staff at greatly reduced prices," Fitzpatrick said, "and to be able to fund study tours that the Merchandising Association takes throughout the year."
Givens said the group is headed to New York City this May to meet with designers, see showrooms of major brands, and gain more exposure to the fashion industry in the city.
Fitzpatrick said, "These [trips] allow us to get our names out there for future internship opportunities."
The Merchandising Association encourages everyone on campus, including students, faculty and staff, to donate any gently-used clothing items or accessories they have in order to make the sale a success.
"The most stressful part of Fashion Me Fabulous is always whether or not we will have enough donations to have a successful event," Chloe Travis, co-chair of Fashion Me Fabulous, said.
Fitzpatrick added, "Items can be clothes, ties, hats, belts, coats - we'll take anything and everything."
For those interested in donating items for the sale, the deadline is April 1.
All donations should be dropped off in the main office in Foundation Hall.
In the event that weather does not permit the event to be held outside on South Patio, the sale will take place in the Tech Pride Room in the R.U.C.
For more information, contact the School of Human Ecology in Foundation Hall, or visit the Merchandising Association's page on the Tech website.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Will next season be better for Golden Eagles?
- Campus placed on yellow status
- Ming Wang gives lecture on life, eye health, music
- Project Plans for new fitness center still being worked out
- Mechanical Engineering wins E-Week 2015
- Dodd represents Tech in USA tryout
- SGA approves S.O.L.O. funding for upcoming events
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes