Trade in funds for fashion
`Fashion Me Fabulous is a clothing re-sale event that will be hosted by Tech's Merchandising Association from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on April 3 and 4 on South Patio.
All proceeds from the sale will benefit the organization and its members.
Merchandising Association President Lacey Givens said, "We sell donated gently-used women's and men's clothing, shoes and accessories."
Catherine Fitzpatrick is a co-chair for Fashion Me Fabulous.
"The overall goal of the event is to sell gently-used clothing to students, faculty members and staff at greatly reduced prices," Fitzpatrick said, "and to be able to fund study tours that the Merchandising Association takes throughout the year."
Givens said the group is headed to New York City this May to meet with designers, see showrooms of major brands, and gain more exposure to the fashion industry in the city.
Fitzpatrick said, "These [trips] allow us to get our names out there for future internship opportunities."
The Merchandising Association encourages everyone on campus, including students, faculty and staff, to donate any gently-used clothing items or accessories they have in order to make the sale a success.
"The most stressful part of Fashion Me Fabulous is always whether or not we will have enough donations to have a successful event," Chloe Travis, co-chair of Fashion Me Fabulous, said.
Fitzpatrick added, "Items can be clothes, ties, hats, belts, coats - we'll take anything and everything."
For those interested in donating items for the sale, the deadline is April 1.
All donations should be dropped off in the main office in Foundation Hall.
In the event that weather does not permit the event to be held outside on South Patio, the sale will take place in the Tech Pride Room in the R.U.C.
For more information, contact the School of Human Ecology in Foundation Hall, or visit the Merchandising Association's page on the Tech website.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- University unveils Tech wall and new logo
- SGA to create focus committees after receiving results from student vote
- Chase Rice wins S.O.L.O. vote for Spring 2016
- IT services relocates location in Volpe Library
- Backdoor Playhouse and Jere Whitson renovations continue through Fall 2017
- New pavilion opens to aid intramural staff with organization
- University room reservation moves to new online system
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown