Trade in funds for fashion
`Fashion Me Fabulous is a clothing re-sale event that will be hosted by Tech's Merchandising Association from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on April 3 and 4 on South Patio.
All proceeds from the sale will benefit the organization and its members.
Merchandising Association President Lacey Givens said, "We sell donated gently-used women's and men's clothing, shoes and accessories."
Catherine Fitzpatrick is a co-chair for Fashion Me Fabulous.
"The overall goal of the event is to sell gently-used clothing to students, faculty members and staff at greatly reduced prices," Fitzpatrick said, "and to be able to fund study tours that the Merchandising Association takes throughout the year."
Givens said the group is headed to New York City this May to meet with designers, see showrooms of major brands, and gain more exposure to the fashion industry in the city.
Fitzpatrick said, "These [trips] allow us to get our names out there for future internship opportunities."
The Merchandising Association encourages everyone on campus, including students, faculty and staff, to donate any gently-used clothing items or accessories they have in order to make the sale a success.
"The most stressful part of Fashion Me Fabulous is always whether or not we will have enough donations to have a successful event," Chloe Travis, co-chair of Fashion Me Fabulous, said.
Fitzpatrick added, "Items can be clothes, ties, hats, belts, coats - we'll take anything and everything."
For those interested in donating items for the sale, the deadline is April 1.
All donations should be dropped off in the main office in Foundation Hall.
In the event that weather does not permit the event to be held outside on South Patio, the sale will take place in the Tech Pride Room in the R.U.C.
For more information, contact the School of Human Ecology in Foundation Hall, or visit the Merchandising Association's page on the Tech website.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program