Trade in funds for fashion
`Fashion Me Fabulous is a clothing re-sale event that will be hosted by Tech's Merchandising Association from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on April 3 and 4 on South Patio.
All proceeds from the sale will benefit the organization and its members.
Merchandising Association President Lacey Givens said, "We sell donated gently-used women's and men's clothing, shoes and accessories."
Catherine Fitzpatrick is a co-chair for Fashion Me Fabulous.
"The overall goal of the event is to sell gently-used clothing to students, faculty members and staff at greatly reduced prices," Fitzpatrick said, "and to be able to fund study tours that the Merchandising Association takes throughout the year."
Givens said the group is headed to New York City this May to meet with designers, see showrooms of major brands, and gain more exposure to the fashion industry in the city.
Fitzpatrick said, "These [trips] allow us to get our names out there for future internship opportunities."
The Merchandising Association encourages everyone on campus, including students, faculty and staff, to donate any gently-used clothing items or accessories they have in order to make the sale a success.
"The most stressful part of Fashion Me Fabulous is always whether or not we will have enough donations to have a successful event," Chloe Travis, co-chair of Fashion Me Fabulous, said.
Fitzpatrick added, "Items can be clothes, ties, hats, belts, coats - we'll take anything and everything."
For those interested in donating items for the sale, the deadline is April 1.
All donations should be dropped off in the main office in Foundation Hall.
In the event that weather does not permit the event to be held outside on South Patio, the sale will take place in the Tech Pride Room in the R.U.C.
For more information, contact the School of Human Ecology in Foundation Hall, or visit the Merchandising Association's page on the Tech website.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum