Making it up as they go along: Tech players to host improv night
The Tech Players will host an improvisation event tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Backdoor Playhouse.
"Our goal is to first, have fun. It's what we love doing," Tech Player Braden Wahl said. "And two, to make it entertaining for everyone in the building."
The Players have been practicing a few improv techniques to get accustomed to the games they will be playing, "but the substance of the show won't be made until the performance itself," Wahl said.
Alex Wilson, vice president of the Tech Players, said, "We are using the iconic games from 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' and just flying by the seat of our pants."
"Our dynamics as friends will be quite evident when you see us at our improv night," Wilson said. "We are always doing something wild, whether it be cracking jokes, interpretive dancing and even creating TV shows about presidents who live in a frat house.
"We also love involving the audience, so embrace the spirit of improv."
Student and fan Andrea Brys said, "It's fun knowing that anything can happen. I enjoy getting to see my friends perform and laughing along with others."
"Look forward to the spontaneity of the show," Wahl said. "It's fun, it's improv, can really go in any direction and it's usually hilarious."
"Our energy combined is combustible, and I know we'll set fire to the stage," Wilson said.
"TTU students need a night to laugh, eat popcorn, hang out with friends and, most importantly, take a break from classes and studying," Wilson said. "Also, it's free."
The concession stands will be open at the Playhouse, and the Players suggested those attending should arrive early to guarantee seats.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates