Making it up as they go along: Tech players to host improv night
The Tech Players will host an improvisation event tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Backdoor Playhouse.
"Our goal is to first, have fun. It's what we love doing," Tech Player Braden Wahl said. "And two, to make it entertaining for everyone in the building."
The Players have been practicing a few improv techniques to get accustomed to the games they will be playing, "but the substance of the show won't be made until the performance itself," Wahl said.
Alex Wilson, vice president of the Tech Players, said, "We are using the iconic games from 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' and just flying by the seat of our pants."
"Our dynamics as friends will be quite evident when you see us at our improv night," Wilson said. "We are always doing something wild, whether it be cracking jokes, interpretive dancing and even creating TV shows about presidents who live in a frat house.
"We also love involving the audience, so embrace the spirit of improv."
Student and fan Andrea Brys said, "It's fun knowing that anything can happen. I enjoy getting to see my friends perform and laughing along with others."
"Look forward to the spontaneity of the show," Wahl said. "It's fun, it's improv, can really go in any direction and it's usually hilarious."
"Our energy combined is combustible, and I know we'll set fire to the stage," Wilson said.
"TTU students need a night to laugh, eat popcorn, hang out with friends and, most importantly, take a break from classes and studying," Wilson said. "Also, it's free."
The concession stands will be open at the Playhouse, and the Players suggested those attending should arrive early to guarantee seats.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards