Making it up as they go along: Tech players to host improv night
The Tech Players will host an improvisation event tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Backdoor Playhouse.
"Our goal is to first, have fun. It's what we love doing," Tech Player Braden Wahl said. "And two, to make it entertaining for everyone in the building."
The Players have been practicing a few improv techniques to get accustomed to the games they will be playing, "but the substance of the show won't be made until the performance itself," Wahl said.
Alex Wilson, vice president of the Tech Players, said, "We are using the iconic games from 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' and just flying by the seat of our pants."
"Our dynamics as friends will be quite evident when you see us at our improv night," Wilson said. "We are always doing something wild, whether it be cracking jokes, interpretive dancing and even creating TV shows about presidents who live in a frat house.
"We also love involving the audience, so embrace the spirit of improv."
Student and fan Andrea Brys said, "It's fun knowing that anything can happen. I enjoy getting to see my friends perform and laughing along with others."
"Look forward to the spontaneity of the show," Wahl said. "It's fun, it's improv, can really go in any direction and it's usually hilarious."
"Our energy combined is combustible, and I know we'll set fire to the stage," Wilson said.
"TTU students need a night to laugh, eat popcorn, hang out with friends and, most importantly, take a break from classes and studying," Wilson said. "Also, it's free."
The concession stands will be open at the Playhouse, and the Players suggested those attending should arrive early to guarantee seats.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Baseball's struggles continue with two midweek losses
- Rugby wins runner-up Dixie conference trophy
- Liberatore has record day with 16 strikeouts
- Hospital assault leads to campus safety alerts
- Tech confessions posts student Eagle Card information
- SGA suspends campus safety bill
- Tech students arrested for drug related charges
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...