Justin Timberlake has fans seeing 20/20
Idolator. Timberlake’s new album is projected to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 with sales of over h
It has been seven years since Justin Timberlake released "FutureSex/Lovesounds", and he has finally returned to making albums. But who's counting?
The multitalented celebrity took a long break to focus on acting when he appeared opposite Mila Kunis in "Friends With Benefits", 2011, and as the founder of Napster in "The Social Network" in 2010. Because I appreciate anything the man does, no one was happier to hear he was returning to the music scene that I was! Timberlake appeared on Saturday Night Live March 9 as both the host and musical guest.
He was officially inducted into the "Five Timers Club" among popular actors like Steve Martin and Tom Hanks. He also announced a US summer tour with Jay-Z where the two are rumored to appear on stage the entire time together.
His album "The 20/20 Experience" dropped this Tuesday and immediately made the number one spot on the iTunes top albums list. "Suit & Tie" and "Mirrors" are the first two singles from the album. While "Suit & Tie" has a newer sound than what we're used to, "Mirrors" sounds more like a classic Timberlake hit we all know and love.
He experiments with all kinds of new sounds on this album, as most artists that take a seven-year hiatus should. The opening track "Pusher Love Girl" is my current favorite and begins with a string orchestra that reminds the listener of a classic Disney movie, until the beat sets in.
The song builds into what may become a summer favorite. While some of the songs sound like late nightclub grinds, "Strawberry Bubblegum", others like "Let the Groove Get In" and "Don't Hold the Wall" experiment with a more tribal sound mixed with some synthesized beats that are catchy, but deviate from JT's classics. "That Girl" is in a category of its own by opening with "JT and the Tennessee Kids" playing a smooth big band ballad, trumpets and all.
When I first listened to it, I was skeptical that this album had been overhyped. However, the more I listened, I became confident that Timberlake knew what he was doing in the studio. He has put out an album that tests the limits and reinvents his image as a mature, savvy, suit wearing, and ladies' man.
There isn't a song on this album that a listener couldn't find the slightest bit catchy. Well done, JT! It's good to have you back.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Easy Ways to Make Your Media Space More Enjoyable
- Toques modernos a la celebración tradicional del...
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS