Justin Timberlake has fans seeing 20/20
Idolator. Timberlake’s new album is projected to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 with sales of over h
It has been seven years since Justin Timberlake released "FutureSex/Lovesounds", and he has finally returned to making albums. But who's counting?
The multitalented celebrity took a long break to focus on acting when he appeared opposite Mila Kunis in "Friends With Benefits", 2011, and as the founder of Napster in "The Social Network" in 2010. Because I appreciate anything the man does, no one was happier to hear he was returning to the music scene that I was! Timberlake appeared on Saturday Night Live March 9 as both the host and musical guest.
He was officially inducted into the "Five Timers Club" among popular actors like Steve Martin and Tom Hanks. He also announced a US summer tour with Jay-Z where the two are rumored to appear on stage the entire time together.
His album "The 20/20 Experience" dropped this Tuesday and immediately made the number one spot on the iTunes top albums list. "Suit & Tie" and "Mirrors" are the first two singles from the album. While "Suit & Tie" has a newer sound than what we're used to, "Mirrors" sounds more like a classic Timberlake hit we all know and love.
He experiments with all kinds of new sounds on this album, as most artists that take a seven-year hiatus should. The opening track "Pusher Love Girl" is my current favorite and begins with a string orchestra that reminds the listener of a classic Disney movie, until the beat sets in.
The song builds into what may become a summer favorite. While some of the songs sound like late nightclub grinds, "Strawberry Bubblegum", others like "Let the Groove Get In" and "Don't Hold the Wall" experiment with a more tribal sound mixed with some synthesized beats that are catchy, but deviate from JT's classics. "That Girl" is in a category of its own by opening with "JT and the Tennessee Kids" playing a smooth big band ballad, trumpets and all.
When I first listened to it, I was skeptical that this album had been overhyped. However, the more I listened, I became confident that Timberlake knew what he was doing in the studio. He has put out an album that tests the limits and reinvents his image as a mature, savvy, suit wearing, and ladies' man.
There isn't a song on this album that a listener couldn't find the slightest bit catchy. Well done, JT! It's good to have you back.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses