ADPI Glow Run lights up campus
The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi sorority held their first Lion's Share Challenge Glow Run 5K on Saturday, March 22.
Approximately 120 people participated in the Glow Run 5K that began at 8:00 p.m. in front of Derryberry Auditorium. The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi worked the sign-in table, set up drink stations, played music for entertainment and encouraged the runners throughout the race.
The Glow Run 5K raised approximately $4,000 and the proceeds were donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
"We were really excited about the money we raised for RMH and we really appreciate everyone who came out to support us for such a great cause," said Allyson Kimball, Alpha Delta Pi's philanthropy chair.
The winner of the race, McClellan Scott Gonzales, won a $50 gift card to Judd's Jewelry and 2 free months of membership at Cookeville Fitness Center. First runner up Bo Allen won a $50 gift card to Judd's Jewelry and the second runner up, Landon Newman, won a $25 gift card to Outdoor Experience.
"This race would not have been possible without the hard work from our sisters and donations from at least 35 local businesses," said Kimball. "We hope to continue the Glow Run in the future and are pleased with the success it brought."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind