ADPI Glow Run lights up campus
The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi sorority held their first Lion's Share Challenge Glow Run 5K on Saturday, March 22.
Approximately 120 people participated in the Glow Run 5K that began at 8:00 p.m. in front of Derryberry Auditorium. The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi worked the sign-in table, set up drink stations, played music for entertainment and encouraged the runners throughout the race.
The Glow Run 5K raised approximately $4,000 and the proceeds were donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
"We were really excited about the money we raised for RMH and we really appreciate everyone who came out to support us for such a great cause," said Allyson Kimball, Alpha Delta Pi's philanthropy chair.
The winner of the race, McClellan Scott Gonzales, won a $50 gift card to Judd's Jewelry and 2 free months of membership at Cookeville Fitness Center. First runner up Bo Allen won a $50 gift card to Judd's Jewelry and the second runner up, Landon Newman, won a $25 gift card to Outdoor Experience.
"This race would not have been possible without the hard work from our sisters and donations from at least 35 local businesses," said Kimball. "We hope to continue the Glow Run in the future and are pleased with the success it brought."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Purple Pride introduced to Cookeville preschoolers
- Street Preachers Return to South Patio
- Internet Outages affect campus productivity, Frontier fixes connectivity
- Flight Plan sets out to increase freshman retention
- Career Services plans for upcoming Oct. Career Fair
- Cookeville highlighted in 'Cookevegas' app
- Neon Trees to take stage in Hoop Tuesday
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses