ADPI Glow Run lights up campus
The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi sorority held their first Lion's Share Challenge Glow Run 5K on Saturday, March 22.
Approximately 120 people participated in the Glow Run 5K that began at 8:00 p.m. in front of Derryberry Auditorium. The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi worked the sign-in table, set up drink stations, played music for entertainment and encouraged the runners throughout the race.
The Glow Run 5K raised approximately $4,000 and the proceeds were donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
"We were really excited about the money we raised for RMH and we really appreciate everyone who came out to support us for such a great cause," said Allyson Kimball, Alpha Delta Pi's philanthropy chair.
The winner of the race, McClellan Scott Gonzales, won a $50 gift card to Judd's Jewelry and 2 free months of membership at Cookeville Fitness Center. First runner up Bo Allen won a $50 gift card to Judd's Jewelry and the second runner up, Landon Newman, won a $25 gift card to Outdoor Experience.
"This race would not have been possible without the hard work from our sisters and donations from at least 35 local businesses," said Kimball. "We hope to continue the Glow Run in the future and are pleased with the success it brought."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!