ADPI Glow Run lights up campus
The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi sorority held their first Lion's Share Challenge Glow Run 5K on Saturday, March 22.
Approximately 120 people participated in the Glow Run 5K that began at 8:00 p.m. in front of Derryberry Auditorium. The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi worked the sign-in table, set up drink stations, played music for entertainment and encouraged the runners throughout the race.
The Glow Run 5K raised approximately $4,000 and the proceeds were donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
"We were really excited about the money we raised for RMH and we really appreciate everyone who came out to support us for such a great cause," said Allyson Kimball, Alpha Delta Pi's philanthropy chair.
The winner of the race, McClellan Scott Gonzales, won a $50 gift card to Judd's Jewelry and 2 free months of membership at Cookeville Fitness Center. First runner up Bo Allen won a $50 gift card to Judd's Jewelry and the second runner up, Landon Newman, won a $25 gift card to Outdoor Experience.
"This race would not have been possible without the hard work from our sisters and donations from at least 35 local businesses," said Kimball. "We hope to continue the Glow Run in the future and are pleased with the success it brought."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Oracle News Articles
Recent The Oracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE ORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE ORACLE NEWS
RECENT THE ORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care