New offense unveiled in spring
The Tech football team had its first spring scrimmage of the year at Tucker Stadium Saturday.
The early version of the Golden Eagles looked solid. The offense had no turnovers and skill players made strong athletic plays. The offensive performance was highlighted by Tech's redshirt freshman Brock Mccoin.
Mccoin thrived in the Golden Eagles new QW position. Mccoin's stellar offensive play included two rushing touchdowns and a 35-yard touchdown pass to Bryson Welch. Upcoming junior Radur Annoor also contributed to the offensive effort with 13-yard TD rush.
Upcoming senior quarterback Darian Stone is returning to lead the Golden Eagles behind the center. Stone took advantage of Tech's new offensive look. Stone caught a deep ball on third and 20 for a first down. Redshirt-freshman Jared Davis, also a returning quarterback, had a successful scrimmage and ran the team well.
The main area of concern for the offense was the abundance of penalties. Penalties hurt the offense by putting them in long distance situations.
Tech's number one main defense only gave up one big play. The defense had an impressive penalty-free showing. The Golden Eagle defense made its presence known with several sacks.
Tech next scrimmage will be on Saturday, March 29 and the annual Purple-Gold spring game will be held April 5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- 'Stranger Things' continues Netflix's reign of originality
- Radiohead Welcomes The Past With 'Burn The Witch'
- Oldham and Haslam host forum for campus body about FOCUS act
- ‘I Heart Tech’ week to begin during Tech’s dead week
- Student survey measures campus sustainability
- Public Relations club pairs with Cookeville Fire Department to install smoke...
- Barketing in the Quad to aide Putnam County Animal Shelter
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board