New offense unveiled in spring
The Tech football team had its first spring scrimmage of the year at Tucker Stadium Saturday.
The early version of the Golden Eagles looked solid. The offense had no turnovers and skill players made strong athletic plays. The offensive performance was highlighted by Tech's redshirt freshman Brock Mccoin.
Mccoin thrived in the Golden Eagles new QW position. Mccoin's stellar offensive play included two rushing touchdowns and a 35-yard touchdown pass to Bryson Welch. Upcoming junior Radur Annoor also contributed to the offensive effort with 13-yard TD rush.
Upcoming senior quarterback Darian Stone is returning to lead the Golden Eagles behind the center. Stone took advantage of Tech's new offensive look. Stone caught a deep ball on third and 20 for a first down. Redshirt-freshman Jared Davis, also a returning quarterback, had a successful scrimmage and ran the team well.
The main area of concern for the offense was the abundance of penalties. Penalties hurt the offense by putting them in long distance situations.
Tech's number one main defense only gave up one big play. The defense had an impressive penalty-free showing. The Golden Eagle defense made its presence known with several sacks.
Tech next scrimmage will be on Saturday, March 29 and the annual Purple-Gold spring game will be held April 5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards