New offense unveiled in spring
The Tech football team had its first spring scrimmage of the year at Tucker Stadium Saturday.
The early version of the Golden Eagles looked solid. The offense had no turnovers and skill players made strong athletic plays. The offensive performance was highlighted by Tech's redshirt freshman Brock Mccoin.
Mccoin thrived in the Golden Eagles new QW position. Mccoin's stellar offensive play included two rushing touchdowns and a 35-yard touchdown pass to Bryson Welch. Upcoming junior Radur Annoor also contributed to the offensive effort with 13-yard TD rush.
Upcoming senior quarterback Darian Stone is returning to lead the Golden Eagles behind the center. Stone took advantage of Tech's new offensive look. Stone caught a deep ball on third and 20 for a first down. Redshirt-freshman Jared Davis, also a returning quarterback, had a successful scrimmage and ran the team well.
The main area of concern for the offense was the abundance of penalties. Penalties hurt the offense by putting them in long distance situations.
Tech's number one main defense only gave up one big play. The defense had an impressive penalty-free showing. The Golden Eagle defense made its presence known with several sacks.
Tech next scrimmage will be on Saturday, March 29 and the annual Purple-Gold spring game will be held April 5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Oracle News Articles
Recent The Oracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE ORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE ORACLE NEWS
RECENT THE ORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age