New offense unveiled in spring
The Tech football team had its first spring scrimmage of the year at Tucker Stadium Saturday.
The early version of the Golden Eagles looked solid. The offense had no turnovers and skill players made strong athletic plays. The offensive performance was highlighted by Tech's redshirt freshman Brock Mccoin.
Mccoin thrived in the Golden Eagles new QW position. Mccoin's stellar offensive play included two rushing touchdowns and a 35-yard touchdown pass to Bryson Welch. Upcoming junior Radur Annoor also contributed to the offensive effort with 13-yard TD rush.
Upcoming senior quarterback Darian Stone is returning to lead the Golden Eagles behind the center. Stone took advantage of Tech's new offensive look. Stone caught a deep ball on third and 20 for a first down. Redshirt-freshman Jared Davis, also a returning quarterback, had a successful scrimmage and ran the team well.
The main area of concern for the offense was the abundance of penalties. Penalties hurt the offense by putting them in long distance situations.
Tech's number one main defense only gave up one big play. The defense had an impressive penalty-free showing. The Golden Eagle defense made its presence known with several sacks.
Tech next scrimmage will be on Saturday, March 29 and the annual Purple-Gold spring game will be held April 5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Will next season be better for Golden Eagles?
- Campus placed on yellow status
- Ming Wang gives lecture on life, eye health, music
- Project Plans for new fitness center still being worked out
- Mechanical Engineering wins E-Week 2015
- Dodd represents Tech in USA tryout
- SGA approves S.O.L.O. funding for upcoming events
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone