SGA run-off election today
SGA Presidential Candidates, Kyle Bieze and Emily McDonald, will face-off in a run-off election on Thursday, April 10, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. due to neither candidate having the majority percentage of student votes.
Although results from Tuesday's voting showed Emily McDonald as the winner of the election Tuesday afternoon, the SGA Constitution requires at least a 51 percent or better majority for a winner to be declared in cases of more than just two candidates.
Since candidates Shabir Bhegani and Roy West additionally ran for the office of SGA President, a run-off vote to determine the SGA President for the coming 2014-2015 school year.
McDonald received 37.71 percent of the vote and Kyle Bieze received 34.4 percent of the vote.
According to Article VII, Section 3, subsection A of the current SGA Constitution, "If no candidate receives a majority of the votes on the first ballot, a run-off election will be held between the two candidates receiving the largest plurality. The candidate receiving the most votes shall then be declared elected."
Kyle Bieze encourages students to keep up with election and resubmit their votes during this time of debate.
"I'm sure students are fed up with the elections already, but if they bear with us for just one more day, and stay involved by voting, a truly revolutionary executive office could arise,"said Bieze.
Tuesday's votes showed that 20% of Tech students participated in the elections, which is one of the highest percentage of student involvement in a number of years, according to voting data.
Voting will take place online from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at www.webapps.tntech.edu/mis/WebVote/SGAVoteServer/default.asp
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”