SGA run-off election today
SGA Presidential Candidates, Kyle Bieze and Emily McDonald, will face-off in a run-off election on Thursday, April 10, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. due to neither candidate having the majority percentage of student votes.
Although results from Tuesday's voting showed Emily McDonald as the winner of the election Tuesday afternoon, the SGA Constitution requires at least a 51 percent or better majority for a winner to be declared in cases of more than just two candidates.
Since candidates Shabir Bhegani and Roy West additionally ran for the office of SGA President, a run-off vote to determine the SGA President for the coming 2014-2015 school year.
McDonald received 37.71 percent of the vote and Kyle Bieze received 34.4 percent of the vote.
According to Article VII, Section 3, subsection A of the current SGA Constitution, "If no candidate receives a majority of the votes on the first ballot, a run-off election will be held between the two candidates receiving the largest plurality. The candidate receiving the most votes shall then be declared elected."
Kyle Bieze encourages students to keep up with election and resubmit their votes during this time of debate.
"I'm sure students are fed up with the elections already, but if they bear with us for just one more day, and stay involved by voting, a truly revolutionary executive office could arise,"said Bieze.
Tuesday's votes showed that 20% of Tech students participated in the elections, which is one of the highest percentage of student involvement in a number of years, according to voting data.
Voting will take place online from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at www.webapps.tntech.edu/mis/WebVote/SGAVoteServer/default.asp
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Student body crowns Mr. and Miss Tennessee Tech
- Brewer, Sutton are selected for the OVC All-Tournament team
- Is the College Football Playoff selection committee making the right choices?
- Volpe Library website to change depending on survey results
- Former Reagan adviser to give talk through S.O.L.O. program
- Counseling Center and Volpe Library offer test anxiety workshop
- Shia LeBeouf gets personal in latest stunt
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities