SGA run-off election today
SGA Presidential Candidates, Kyle Bieze and Emily McDonald, will face-off in a run-off election on Thursday, April 10, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. due to neither candidate having the majority percentage of student votes.
Although results from Tuesday's voting showed Emily McDonald as the winner of the election Tuesday afternoon, the SGA Constitution requires at least a 51 percent or better majority for a winner to be declared in cases of more than just two candidates.
Since candidates Shabir Bhegani and Roy West additionally ran for the office of SGA President, a run-off vote to determine the SGA President for the coming 2014-2015 school year.
McDonald received 37.71 percent of the vote and Kyle Bieze received 34.4 percent of the vote.
According to Article VII, Section 3, subsection A of the current SGA Constitution, "If no candidate receives a majority of the votes on the first ballot, a run-off election will be held between the two candidates receiving the largest plurality. The candidate receiving the most votes shall then be declared elected."
Kyle Bieze encourages students to keep up with election and resubmit their votes during this time of debate.
"I'm sure students are fed up with the elections already, but if they bear with us for just one more day, and stay involved by voting, a truly revolutionary executive office could arise,"said Bieze.
Tuesday's votes showed that 20% of Tech students participated in the elections, which is one of the highest percentage of student involvement in a number of years, according to voting data.
Voting will take place online from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at www.webapps.tntech.edu/mis/WebVote/SGAVoteServer/default.asp
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- University unveils Tech wall and new logo
- SGA to create focus committees after receiving results from student vote
- Chase Rice wins S.O.L.O. vote for Spring 2016
- IT services relocates location in Volpe Library
- Backdoor Playhouse and Jere Whitson renovations continue through Fall 2017
- New pavilion opens to aid intramural staff with organization
- University room reservation moves to new online system
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...