SGA run-off election today
SGA Presidential Candidates, Kyle Bieze and Emily McDonald, will face-off in a run-off election on Thursday, April 10, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. due to neither candidate having the majority percentage of student votes.
Although results from Tuesday's voting showed Emily McDonald as the winner of the election Tuesday afternoon, the SGA Constitution requires at least a 51 percent or better majority for a winner to be declared in cases of more than just two candidates.
Since candidates Shabir Bhegani and Roy West additionally ran for the office of SGA President, a run-off vote to determine the SGA President for the coming 2014-2015 school year.
McDonald received 37.71 percent of the vote and Kyle Bieze received 34.4 percent of the vote.
According to Article VII, Section 3, subsection A of the current SGA Constitution, "If no candidate receives a majority of the votes on the first ballot, a run-off election will be held between the two candidates receiving the largest plurality. The candidate receiving the most votes shall then be declared elected."
Kyle Bieze encourages students to keep up with election and resubmit their votes during this time of debate.
"I'm sure students are fed up with the elections already, but if they bear with us for just one more day, and stay involved by voting, a truly revolutionary executive office could arise,"said Bieze.
Tuesday's votes showed that 20% of Tech students participated in the elections, which is one of the highest percentage of student involvement in a number of years, according to voting data.
Voting will take place online from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at www.webapps.tntech.edu/mis/WebVote/SGAVoteServer/default.asp
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month