Student Government raises cap on S.O.L.O. event funding to $3000
SGA has passed a bill that will increase the Student Organization Life Opportunity (S.O.L.O) funding cap from previous $1,000 cap to a $3,000 cap per student application.
"With this extra money, organizations will have more opportunities to have events that make them more noticeable on campus," said Tech student Summer Sanders. "The more people that attend the events, the more the organization will grow."
The bill that SGA has passed is called the "The S.O.L.O. Funding Allocation Capacity Increase of 2014." Organizations can now receive up to $3,000 if they are approved for their project or event instead of only $1,000.
In 2010, Tech students voted to start the S.O.L.O fund so money could be provided to organizations on campus that needed it. The S.O.L.O fund also helps pay for an entertainment event every semester, such as concerts and comedians.
S.O.L.O funds are given to campus organizations that apply for extra funding to support an event or project. In order to receive financial help from the S.O.L.O fund, the organization must show that its event will benefit a large percentage of students on campus. An SGA S.O.L.O. committee then holds a formal meeting where it decides on to accept or deny the organization's application.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Toques modernos a la celebración tradicional del...
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
- Backpack Offers Instant Drink Discreetly At the Push of a...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS