Student Government raises cap on S.O.L.O. event funding to $3000
SGA has passed a bill that will increase the Student Organization Life Opportunity (S.O.L.O) funding cap from previous $1,000 cap to a $3,000 cap per student application.
"With this extra money, organizations will have more opportunities to have events that make them more noticeable on campus," said Tech student Summer Sanders. "The more people that attend the events, the more the organization will grow."
The bill that SGA has passed is called the "The S.O.L.O. Funding Allocation Capacity Increase of 2014." Organizations can now receive up to $3,000 if they are approved for their project or event instead of only $1,000.
In 2010, Tech students voted to start the S.O.L.O fund so money could be provided to organizations on campus that needed it. The S.O.L.O fund also helps pay for an entertainment event every semester, such as concerts and comedians.
S.O.L.O funds are given to campus organizations that apply for extra funding to support an event or project. In order to receive financial help from the S.O.L.O fund, the organization must show that its event will benefit a large percentage of students on campus. An SGA S.O.L.O. committee then holds a formal meeting where it decides on to accept or deny the organization's application.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists