Student Government raises cap on S.O.L.O. event funding to $3000
SGA has passed a bill that will increase the Student Organization Life Opportunity (S.O.L.O) funding cap from previous $1,000 cap to a $3,000 cap per student application.
"With this extra money, organizations will have more opportunities to have events that make them more noticeable on campus," said Tech student Summer Sanders. "The more people that attend the events, the more the organization will grow."
The bill that SGA has passed is called the "The S.O.L.O. Funding Allocation Capacity Increase of 2014." Organizations can now receive up to $3,000 if they are approved for their project or event instead of only $1,000.
In 2010, Tech students voted to start the S.O.L.O fund so money could be provided to organizations on campus that needed it. The S.O.L.O fund also helps pay for an entertainment event every semester, such as concerts and comedians.
S.O.L.O funds are given to campus organizations that apply for extra funding to support an event or project. In order to receive financial help from the S.O.L.O fund, the organization must show that its event will benefit a large percentage of students on campus. An SGA S.O.L.O. committee then holds a formal meeting where it decides on to accept or deny the organization's application.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Football receives two OVC Player of the Week honors in win against Murray State
- Volleyball falls short against Jacksonville State in OVC home opener
- Men's golf takes silver at Murray State Invitational
- Pace's Perspective: First OVC win gives Golden Eagles some spark
- Is class canceled? (Spoiler alert: no)
- Athletics Marketing runs football promotions
- TAB Tuesday returns
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES