Student Government raises cap on S.O.L.O. event funding to $3000
SGA has passed a bill that will increase the Student Organization Life Opportunity (S.O.L.O) funding cap from previous $1,000 cap to a $3,000 cap per student application.
"With this extra money, organizations will have more opportunities to have events that make them more noticeable on campus," said Tech student Summer Sanders. "The more people that attend the events, the more the organization will grow."
The bill that SGA has passed is called the "The S.O.L.O. Funding Allocation Capacity Increase of 2014." Organizations can now receive up to $3,000 if they are approved for their project or event instead of only $1,000.
In 2010, Tech students voted to start the S.O.L.O fund so money could be provided to organizations on campus that needed it. The S.O.L.O fund also helps pay for an entertainment event every semester, such as concerts and comedians.
S.O.L.O funds are given to campus organizations that apply for extra funding to support an event or project. In order to receive financial help from the S.O.L.O fund, the organization must show that its event will benefit a large percentage of students on campus. An SGA S.O.L.O. committee then holds a formal meeting where it decides on to accept or deny the organization's application.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!