Counseling Center, TAB spread out love with free Build-A-Bear
Actress Milla Jovovich on the movie poster for Resident Evil. Retribution
The Tech Activities Board and Counseling Center teamed up to deliver multiple ways for students to celebrate the holiday of love in the Tech Pride room located in the Roaden University Center on Thursday, Feb. 13.
Dr. Christina Mick, assistant director of clinical services at the Counseling Center, said the Center and TAB sponsored a peanut butter drive for Second Harvest food bank called "Spread the Love" in conjunction with the Build-a-Bear TAB giveaway.
"We wanted to help others in the community who may be less fortunate than some of our students and who need some assistance with food," said Mick. "Peanut butter is the best option because that lasts and lasts."
Students could bring in jars of peanut butter as donations. Those who brought in peanut butter during the giveaway were able to use it as a fast pass to the front of the Build-a-Bear line.
Students who stood in line had to wait a while before they could get to the bear station.
"Although I do think the wait time was way better than last years, I believe there could be more efficient ways of getting people in and out faster," said Nick Mullins, sophomore student.
National champion mascot Awesome Eagle even made appearances at the event dressed as Cupid and passed out valentines to the students in line.
"The Counseling Center brought back the 'make a valentine' table, but also expanded it for students to make and send one to a local nursing home," said Star Crabtree, Counseling Center intern.
Not only did TAB bring in Build-A-Bear for a third year, it added a "do it yourself" photo booth for students to entertain themselves while waiting to build their bears.
A second photo booth placed at the end of the line was also provided by the Counseling Center for students to dress up and pose for the camera.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Baseball's struggles continue with two midweek losses
- Rugby wins runner-up Dixie conference trophy
- Liberatore has record day with 16 strikeouts
- Hospital assault leads to campus safety alerts
- Tech confessions posts student Eagle Card information
- SGA suspends campus safety bill
- Tech students arrested for drug related charges
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...