'Lego Movie' a smash hit for all ages
This weekend, 'The Lego Movie" dominated the box office and knocked unexpecting fans off their feet. Most prepared to see a lame kids' movie with heavy product placement.
'The Lego Movie' centers around Emmett, an average workman Lego who is mistaken as the most extraordinary person in the universe and the key to saving all Legos from evil. The film is packed with nonstop laughs and pop culture references for everyone. To say the cast is star studded is an understatement, with talents like Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell as lead Legos. Brief voice stints include Will Arnett, Liam Neeson, Nick Offerman, Charlie Day, Channing Tatum, and Jonah Hill (to name a few).
The animation is completely CGI, but is so effective at recreating the limited mobility of Lego figures that some scenes look like stop-motion. The extent to which the animating team strives to create the universe is awe-inspiring, but the action and hilarity of the film don't leave the audience much time to linger on details. From the beginning, the story is captivating with bright colors and jokes and voices older members of the audience will recognize immediately. Cool music pumps throughout the whole film. The especially catchy hit 'Everything is Awesome!' (Tegan and Sara ft. The Lonely Island) will stay with movie-goers for literal days. 'The Lego Movie' takes a blatant stab at materialism and has a deeper storyline about the child in all of us that reveals itself in a subtle, yet effective way. It emphasizes how cool it is to be an individual and do your own thing, because sticking with the status quo isn't always the right thing to do.
Honestly, the most negative thing about the movie was that it seemed to drag on closer to the end of the movie. Some plot points were stretched out and might have been considered unnecessary if the target demographic were not young children and the animation was less captivating. Fortunately, that is not the case.
'The Lego Movie' has fantastic animation, a cool story, good actors, and just as many laughs for grown ups as there are for children. This movie deserves all praise it has received so far and I recommend it to everyone in the mood for a bright and upbeat comedy.
'The Lego Movie' is rated PG for mild action and rude humor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR