'Lego Movie' a smash hit for all ages
This weekend, 'The Lego Movie" dominated the box office and knocked unexpecting fans off their feet. Most prepared to see a lame kids' movie with heavy product placement.
'The Lego Movie' centers around Emmett, an average workman Lego who is mistaken as the most extraordinary person in the universe and the key to saving all Legos from evil. The film is packed with nonstop laughs and pop culture references for everyone. To say the cast is star studded is an understatement, with talents like Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell as lead Legos. Brief voice stints include Will Arnett, Liam Neeson, Nick Offerman, Charlie Day, Channing Tatum, and Jonah Hill (to name a few).
The animation is completely CGI, but is so effective at recreating the limited mobility of Lego figures that some scenes look like stop-motion. The extent to which the animating team strives to create the universe is awe-inspiring, but the action and hilarity of the film don't leave the audience much time to linger on details. From the beginning, the story is captivating with bright colors and jokes and voices older members of the audience will recognize immediately. Cool music pumps throughout the whole film. The especially catchy hit 'Everything is Awesome!' (Tegan and Sara ft. The Lonely Island) will stay with movie-goers for literal days. 'The Lego Movie' takes a blatant stab at materialism and has a deeper storyline about the child in all of us that reveals itself in a subtle, yet effective way. It emphasizes how cool it is to be an individual and do your own thing, because sticking with the status quo isn't always the right thing to do.
Honestly, the most negative thing about the movie was that it seemed to drag on closer to the end of the movie. Some plot points were stretched out and might have been considered unnecessary if the target demographic were not young children and the animation was less captivating. Fortunately, that is not the case.
'The Lego Movie' has fantastic animation, a cool story, good actors, and just as many laughs for grown ups as there are for children. This movie deserves all praise it has received so far and I recommend it to everyone in the mood for a bright and upbeat comedy.
'The Lego Movie' is rated PG for mild action and rude humor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Purple Pride introduced to Cookeville preschoolers
- Street Preachers Return to South Patio
- Internet Outages affect campus productivity, Frontier fixes connectivity
- Flight Plan sets out to increase freshman retention
- Career Services plans for upcoming Oct. Career Fair
- Cookeville highlighted in 'Cookevegas' app
- Neon Trees to take stage in Hoop Tuesday
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership