New 'Tonight Show' host
Get ready, all you night owls. Jimmy Fallon will be hosting "The Tonight Show" for the first time this Monday, Feb. 17.
Fallon has quite a lineup for his premiere next week as he gathers all A-listers in his direction. On his first night, guest Will Smith and musical guest U2 will be in the house to start off the season. Throughout the week his other guests include: Jerry Seinfeld, Bradley Cooper, Justin Timberlake and the First Lady herself, Michelle Obama. Also, as a nod to his former SNL co-stars, Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell will make appearances. For his musical guests, Lady Gaga, Tim McGraw, Arcade Fire and Justin Timberlake will perform in the first week of airing. As this new era of late night television unfolds, other celebrities and his large audience of viewers have been praising Fallon for his accomplishments.
"You really going to do this?" Jerry Seinfeld asked Jimmy Fallon at a recent charity event.
"What do you mean?" Fallon replied.
"You realize there's no end to this job," Seinfeld explained. "You'll just do this 'til you die. It's the pope job."
Jay Leno passed the torch to Jimmy Fallon, making him the sixth "Tonight" host in 60 years. The Boston Globe said, "Leno has graciously compared [Fallon] to (Johnny) Carson, the longest-tenured host of the show." After stars such as Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Carson, Conan O'Brien and Leno, Fallon has big shoes to fill.
"Someone was saying that more people have walked on the moon than hosted 'The Tonight Show,'" Fallon told the Seattle Times. "Me, I've done both, so that's really good."
"The Tonight Show" with host Jimmy Fallon will air after the Olympics at midnight Feb. 17-20, with the Feb. 21 broadcast to air in its regular time slot of 11:35 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!