ITS offers Microsoft Office suite to students for free
Drake Fenlon, left, and James Kimbro pass out shirts for last night’s SOLO concert while tickets are being sold. Tickets were sold out by Tuesday morning. Casey Woodard
Tech students are benefitting from a new contract agreement signed with Microsoft.
The Information Technology Services department is offering students one free download of the Microsoft Office 2010 package, which includes Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Word.
For Mac users a free download of Microsoft Office 2011 will be offered.
The download is available at tntech.e-academy.com.
"To download the free version of Microsoft, students will need to login using their PC lab login," Elaine Wells, information technology services analyst, said. "Freshmen might need to reset the passwords for their PC lab login because some might not have used a PC lab outside of the Learning Commons, which uses the Tech domain."
To reset the password to the PC lab login, students can go to the glass window at Clement Hall room 226 or visit the ITS page on the Tech website.
"I like the idea of free Microsoft Word to all the students," senior Mohammed Ben Razek said. "Some students don't have enough money to pay for books plus buy extra software for their computers to do their homework with."
The funding for the free download was made possible through the Technology Access Fee, which is included in tuition.
"I think this is great because a lot of students don't have Microsoft Office when they come to Tech," senior Andrew Morgan said. "Also it's good to know where the money that students pay Tech is going."
Wells said, "If faculty and staff members wish to download Microsoft Office, they will have to pay for it at an academic price."
The website also offers students a free version of Microsoft Office 2007 and a free version of Windows 7.
Other Microsoft products and Adobe products are being offered on the website, but faculty and students both will have to buy them at an academic price.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Golden Eagles Awarded Co-OVC Regular Season Champions, Individual Accolades
- Offensive line, Tight Ends Among Most Improved for Golden Eagle football
- SGA run-off election to be held Friday
- Pi Sigma Alpha hosts annual Take Back the Night march
- Baseball defeats Blue Raiders in Murfreesboro
- SGA executive election campaigns Tuesday, campaign rules same as 2014
- Backdoor Playhouse opens Shakespeare classic
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now