Bonarooo lineup announced
When I first saw the lineup I was shocked, surprised, and a little bit worried. Elton John and Lionel Richie as headliners? This was certainly not what I anticipated and banked on.
However, the names kept coming. And they were good. Vampire Weekend, The Avett Brothers, Skrillex, Wiz Khalifa. I took a deep breath and realized that I would indeed be attending for the third consecutive year. How could I miss Jack White or the Flaming Lips? Bonnaroo is unlike any other festival in the world. It combines legends like Elton John with up-and-coming artists of whom the majority of those 30 years or older have never heard. It is truly for the music lover who does not discriminate against genre.
And then, the Yeezus bomb was dropped. Kanye West. This was a surprise to many after he was forced to performed at 4:45 a.m. after a series of delays in 2008. He soon wrote less than flattering things about festival organizers in his blog. But now he is schedule to return. Was I mad? Absolutely not. What's a festival without a little controversy? And although West may be the most egotistical human in North America, he is an extremely talented musician who puts on unforgettable live performances.
All in all, I am very pleased with the lineup. Each year, I am exposed to new artists that I would have most likely never taken the time to listen to otherwise. Being forced outside of your musical comfort zone can be a beautiful thing.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths