Military & Public Safety Appreciation Night
It is Military and Public Safety Appreciation Night as the Golden Eagles host Morehead State on Saturday, Feb 15 in doubleheader action.
All military and public safety members in the Upper Cumberland and their immediate family members will receive free admission into the game. There will be three families recognized throughout the games as a part of the Hoops for Heroes program.
'Hoops for Heroes' is an initiative set forth by the Ohio Valley Conference in honor of an officer who was killed on the job. Hoops for Heroes is designed to allow the community to interact and build relationships with community heroes such as police officers, firefighters, emergency medical services, and military members in a fun and positive way.
"It's a small way for us to show our sincere appreciation for everything our military and public safety members do for us on a daily basis," said Leveda Birdwell, director of corporate sales and marketing for Tech athletics.
Military and Public Safety Appreciation Night is an event hosted twice a year-once during a football game in the fall, and again in the spring during a basketball game.
Tech's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will be in the stands during each game to collect donations to fund the trips for all three families to the tournament. Fans will have an opportunity to say 'thank you' by giving.
It is the first matchup of the season against Morehead State for the Golden Eagles. They will face Morehead State again on March 1. Last year, the women swept the two game series, and the men split their two regular season games
The women enter the matchup 9-15 overall with a record of 6-5 in OVC play. Overall, the men are 12-13 with a 5-5 record in the OVC.Saturday is also Senior Night for the women's team.
"We encourage all members of the military and public safety to join the Golden Eagles for a fun night of basketball," said Athletic Director Mark Wilson.
This will be the final home doubleheader event of the season. The women tipoff at 5:30 p.m. and the men follow at 7:30 p.m. in OVC play.
Another upcoming event is on Monday, Feb 17. The Golden Eagles women's basketball team will host Eastern Kentucky on Think Pink Night. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. Fans who wear pink get into the game for a dollar, and the first 1000 fans will receive a pink t-shirt when they come through the door.
For more information on Tech basketball games, visit TTUSports.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Golden Eagles Awarded Co-OVC Regular Season Champions, Individual Accolades
- Offensive line, Tight Ends Among Most Improved for Golden Eagle football
- SGA run-off election to be held Friday
- Pi Sigma Alpha hosts annual Take Back the Night march
- Baseball defeats Blue Raiders in Murfreesboro
- SGA executive election campaigns Tuesday, campaign rules same as 2014
- Backdoor Playhouse opens Shakespeare classic
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now