Military & Public Safety Appreciation Night
It is Military and Public Safety Appreciation Night as the Golden Eagles host Morehead State on Saturday, Feb 15 in doubleheader action.
All military and public safety members in the Upper Cumberland and their immediate family members will receive free admission into the game. There will be three families recognized throughout the games as a part of the Hoops for Heroes program.
'Hoops for Heroes' is an initiative set forth by the Ohio Valley Conference in honor of an officer who was killed on the job. Hoops for Heroes is designed to allow the community to interact and build relationships with community heroes such as police officers, firefighters, emergency medical services, and military members in a fun and positive way.
"It's a small way for us to show our sincere appreciation for everything our military and public safety members do for us on a daily basis," said Leveda Birdwell, director of corporate sales and marketing for Tech athletics.
Military and Public Safety Appreciation Night is an event hosted twice a year-once during a football game in the fall, and again in the spring during a basketball game.
Tech's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will be in the stands during each game to collect donations to fund the trips for all three families to the tournament. Fans will have an opportunity to say 'thank you' by giving.
It is the first matchup of the season against Morehead State for the Golden Eagles. They will face Morehead State again on March 1. Last year, the women swept the two game series, and the men split their two regular season games
The women enter the matchup 9-15 overall with a record of 6-5 in OVC play. Overall, the men are 12-13 with a 5-5 record in the OVC.Saturday is also Senior Night for the women's team.
"We encourage all members of the military and public safety to join the Golden Eagles for a fun night of basketball," said Athletic Director Mark Wilson.
This will be the final home doubleheader event of the season. The women tipoff at 5:30 p.m. and the men follow at 7:30 p.m. in OVC play.
Another upcoming event is on Monday, Feb 17. The Golden Eagles women's basketball team will host Eastern Kentucky on Think Pink Night. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. Fans who wear pink get into the game for a dollar, and the first 1000 fans will receive a pink t-shirt when they come through the door.
For more information on Tech basketball games, visit TTUSports.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses