Thrift shop fashion show hosts student designer's skills
TTU Memes offers revelent humor to students about general campus problems. TTU Memes Facebook
Tech's Merchandising Association hosted the Thrift Store Couture fashion show and silent auction Tuesday night in the RUC Multipurpose Room.
The show featured a student design competition, some student work and looks from Luxe Boutique.
Jaylen Moore was co-director for Thrift Store Couture.
"This show turned out to be our best yet," Moore said. "The planning was a bit chaotic, but, in the end, everything fell into place perfectly, and I had such a fun time designing for the competition."
The eight women who participated in the design competition were allowed to use only four items from the local Goodwill store to create their designs.
Audrianna Lyles, a sophomore at Tech majoring in Merchandising and Design, took first place in the design competition with an Angelina Jolie-inspired shorts suit.
"Seeing it all come together, knowing that I gave it my all, I truly feel accomplished," Lyles said.
Lyles also presented a mini collection of her clothing line, A. Anna, at the fashion show.
"I've been sketching out my designs since I could remember how to write and now seeing them come to life has helped me prove to myself that I can do it," Lyles said. "Mainly I want to create ready-to-wear clothing and a few couture items."
Stacey Clark took second place in the design competition, and Jaylen Moore took third place.
"Everyone did a fabulous job," Moore said. "I couldn't be more proud of all the people that worked so hard to make it happen."
The Merchandising Association hosts a fashion show each semester to provide students with fashion show and design experience and to raise money to fund trips and projects for the organization.
The Merchandising and Design Association is a part of the School of Human Ecology, which is currently located in Foundation Hall.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!