Thrift shop fashion show hosts student designer's skills
TTU Memes offers revelent humor to students about general campus problems. TTU Memes Facebook
Tech's Merchandising Association hosted the Thrift Store Couture fashion show and silent auction Tuesday night in the RUC Multipurpose Room.
The show featured a student design competition, some student work and looks from Luxe Boutique.
Jaylen Moore was co-director for Thrift Store Couture.
"This show turned out to be our best yet," Moore said. "The planning was a bit chaotic, but, in the end, everything fell into place perfectly, and I had such a fun time designing for the competition."
The eight women who participated in the design competition were allowed to use only four items from the local Goodwill store to create their designs.
Audrianna Lyles, a sophomore at Tech majoring in Merchandising and Design, took first place in the design competition with an Angelina Jolie-inspired shorts suit.
"Seeing it all come together, knowing that I gave it my all, I truly feel accomplished," Lyles said.
Lyles also presented a mini collection of her clothing line, A. Anna, at the fashion show.
"I've been sketching out my designs since I could remember how to write and now seeing them come to life has helped me prove to myself that I can do it," Lyles said. "Mainly I want to create ready-to-wear clothing and a few couture items."
Stacey Clark took second place in the design competition, and Jaylen Moore took third place.
"Everyone did a fabulous job," Moore said. "I couldn't be more proud of all the people that worked so hard to make it happen."
The Merchandising Association hosts a fashion show each semester to provide students with fashion show and design experience and to raise money to fund trips and projects for the organization.
The Merchandising and Design Association is a part of the School of Human Ecology, which is currently located in Foundation Hall.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates