UCSC to host Apologetics Seminar, Oldham to speak
What do the three-time CrossFit champion, the Pro Scout for the Green Bay Packers and the president of our university all have in common? Rich Froning, Chad Brinker and President Oldham will all be speaking about their faith at 217 Faith, an event brought to campus by FCA and USCS Collegeside. The speakers will be taking on this campus' questions regarding faith and what religion means to people of Tech.
The event began with 'Mission Mondays,' a new outreach the University Christian Student Center implemented this semester. Participants visit various locations on such as the library, dorms and fraternity houses to build relationships with an assortment of students.
Sophomore Andrew Jones said, "Instead of waiting for people to come to us, we're going to them."
Students who were contacted were asked, "Do you believe in God? Why or why not?" The goal was for the UCSC students to gain a better understanding of how this campus feels about God and religion. They gave students the opportunity to speak freely and ask any questions they might have about Christianity. Students responded with a variety of questions including, "If God is so perfect, why would he make something imperfect?" "How do you explain such things?" "Is the Bible still accurate and valid in today's society?"
To the best of their abilities, these speakers will address the questions that have been previously gathered and help shed a better light on the subject of Christianity at 217 Faith, an open evangelic event.
Collegeside's campus minister and FCA character coach for Tech football Chip Pugh said the event arose out of need.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program