UCSC to host Apologetics Seminar, Oldham to speak
What do the three-time CrossFit champion, the Pro Scout for the Green Bay Packers and the president of our university all have in common? Rich Froning, Chad Brinker and President Oldham will all be speaking about their faith at 217 Faith, an event brought to campus by FCA and USCS Collegeside. The speakers will be taking on this campus' questions regarding faith and what religion means to people of Tech.
The event began with 'Mission Mondays,' a new outreach the University Christian Student Center implemented this semester. Participants visit various locations on such as the library, dorms and fraternity houses to build relationships with an assortment of students.
Sophomore Andrew Jones said, "Instead of waiting for people to come to us, we're going to them."
Students who were contacted were asked, "Do you believe in God? Why or why not?" The goal was for the UCSC students to gain a better understanding of how this campus feels about God and religion. They gave students the opportunity to speak freely and ask any questions they might have about Christianity. Students responded with a variety of questions including, "If God is so perfect, why would he make something imperfect?" "How do you explain such things?" "Is the Bible still accurate and valid in today's society?"
To the best of their abilities, these speakers will address the questions that have been previously gathered and help shed a better light on the subject of Christianity at 217 Faith, an open evangelic event.
Collegeside's campus minister and FCA character coach for Tech football Chip Pugh said the event arose out of need.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!