UCSC to host Apologetics Seminar, Oldham to speak
What do the three-time CrossFit champion, the Pro Scout for the Green Bay Packers and the president of our university all have in common? Rich Froning, Chad Brinker and President Oldham will all be speaking about their faith at 217 Faith, an event brought to campus by FCA and USCS Collegeside. The speakers will be taking on this campus' questions regarding faith and what religion means to people of Tech.
The event began with 'Mission Mondays,' a new outreach the University Christian Student Center implemented this semester. Participants visit various locations on such as the library, dorms and fraternity houses to build relationships with an assortment of students.
Sophomore Andrew Jones said, "Instead of waiting for people to come to us, we're going to them."
Students who were contacted were asked, "Do you believe in God? Why or why not?" The goal was for the UCSC students to gain a better understanding of how this campus feels about God and religion. They gave students the opportunity to speak freely and ask any questions they might have about Christianity. Students responded with a variety of questions including, "If God is so perfect, why would he make something imperfect?" "How do you explain such things?" "Is the Bible still accurate and valid in today's society?"
To the best of their abilities, these speakers will address the questions that have been previously gathered and help shed a better light on the subject of Christianity at 217 Faith, an open evangelic event.
Collegeside's campus minister and FCA character coach for Tech football Chip Pugh said the event arose out of need.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership