Quidditch competes at high level
The Tennessee Tech quidditch club team was eliminated during the second round of competition and finished 26th out of the 80 teams that competed at the Quidditch World Cup on Monday.
On the first day of competition, the Golden Hippogriffs went 3-1, allowing them to move on to single elimination bracket play. After winning their first game in the single elimination part of the tournament, Tech narrowly lost to the University of Michigan, 120 - 180.
"We felt really good about we played," said Andrea Brys, a beater for Tech. "Our last game was lost by a snitch grab, but we did really well. To give you an idea of how dedicated the team was, one of the players actually lost half of his tooth during a game and kept playing. We were bummed at how the game ended, but we feel good about the tournament as a whole."
The team grabbed wins over Arizona State University, Toledo University, and Harvard University.
"We did extremely well against high caliber teams," said Kellie Davis, a chaser and captain for Tech. "In our two losses, we kept in snitch range, which means we could've tied and forced overtime with a snitch grab. We were predicted to place fourth but finished second."
Davis said she's proud of how much the team has accomplished in the short time they have been together.
The Tech quidditch club team has been competing together for three years. They placed first at the 2013 U.S.A. Fall Break Tournament and first at the Tenn-Tucky Cup in 2013. They placed 32nd at last year's World Cup.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Oldham and Haslam host forum for campus body about FOCUS act
- ‘I Heart Tech’ week to begin during Tech’s dead week
- Student survey measures campus sustainability
- Public Relations club pairs with Cookeville Fire Department to install smoke...
- Barketing in the Quad to aide Putnam County Animal Shelter
- ‘The Jungle Book’ stands as Disney’s fi rst truly stunning, faithful...
- Softball defeats TSU twice in three game series at home
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
- Think Your Data is Safe? Think Again
- Congress Should Make It Easier for Taxpayers Who Still...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
- ONE YOUNG WORLD'S ENVIRONMENT SUMMIT: THE ULTIMATE GRADUATION GIFT