College of Business, Men's Wearhouse invite students to 'suit up' workshop
Men's Wearhouse is offering a dress for success workshop and an opportunity to be measured for a suit Nov. 15.
The College of Business has teamed up with Men's Wearhouse for a campus-wide event called Suit Up.
"This event is open to anyone who wants to attend," Amy Jo Carpenter, student to career program manager, said. "An email was originally sent out to men only since it was Men's Wearhouse that was coming, but everyone is welcome to come."
From 11 a.m. to noon Men's Wearhouse will do a dress for success workshop with the staff where they will talk to students about how to dress for the job they want.
After the workshop students will be offered the option to be measured for suits across the hall from the auditorium in the Virginia Plummer Room.
"Once students have been measured, they will be given a card with their exact measurements which will allow the student to purchase a suit specifically fitted for them," Carpenter said.
Students who attend career fairs and go to job interviews know how important it is to look the part.
"This sounds like a great idea," senior Gabe Collins said. "Some people really don't know how to even start when it comes to the interview process, and it's nice that they are taking time out of their jobs to help others and give pointers."
Carpenter said she wants to organize a similar event for women in the future and is trying to find a vender to partner with her to make it happen.
A sign-up sheet has been posted to ttustudent2career.com/suit-up/ to help give Men's Wearhouse a good estimate of how many students plan on attending this event, so they can bring enough personnel to help.
This event will be held Nov. 15 at 11 a.m. in the Johnson Hall Auditorium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Volleyball serves up OVC success
- Quidditch takes down a dozen in Gold Cup
- Awesome Eagle hits Smashville as guest mascot at Thursday's Predators game
- Craft beer festival brews up good times in Dogwood Park
- Craven has a cravin' for good, local craft beer
- Where are there ghosts on campus?
- Area haunted attractions bring fun, horror to all ages
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!