College of Business, Men's Wearhouse invite students to 'suit up' workshop
Men's Wearhouse is offering a dress for success workshop and an opportunity to be measured for a suit Nov. 15.
The College of Business has teamed up with Men's Wearhouse for a campus-wide event called Suit Up.
"This event is open to anyone who wants to attend," Amy Jo Carpenter, student to career program manager, said. "An email was originally sent out to men only since it was Men's Wearhouse that was coming, but everyone is welcome to come."
From 11 a.m. to noon Men's Wearhouse will do a dress for success workshop with the staff where they will talk to students about how to dress for the job they want.
After the workshop students will be offered the option to be measured for suits across the hall from the auditorium in the Virginia Plummer Room.
"Once students have been measured, they will be given a card with their exact measurements which will allow the student to purchase a suit specifically fitted for them," Carpenter said.
Students who attend career fairs and go to job interviews know how important it is to look the part.
"This sounds like a great idea," senior Gabe Collins said. "Some people really don't know how to even start when it comes to the interview process, and it's nice that they are taking time out of their jobs to help others and give pointers."
Carpenter said she wants to organize a similar event for women in the future and is trying to find a vender to partner with her to make it happen.
A sign-up sheet has been posted to ttustudent2career.com/suit-up/ to help give Men's Wearhouse a good estimate of how many students plan on attending this event, so they can bring enough personnel to help.
This event will be held Nov. 15 at 11 a.m. in the Johnson Hall Auditorium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor