College of Business, Men's Wearhouse invite students to 'suit up' workshop
Men's Wearhouse is offering a dress for success workshop and an opportunity to be measured for a suit Nov. 15.
The College of Business has teamed up with Men's Wearhouse for a campus-wide event called Suit Up.
"This event is open to anyone who wants to attend," Amy Jo Carpenter, student to career program manager, said. "An email was originally sent out to men only since it was Men's Wearhouse that was coming, but everyone is welcome to come."
From 11 a.m. to noon Men's Wearhouse will do a dress for success workshop with the staff where they will talk to students about how to dress for the job they want.
After the workshop students will be offered the option to be measured for suits across the hall from the auditorium in the Virginia Plummer Room.
"Once students have been measured, they will be given a card with their exact measurements which will allow the student to purchase a suit specifically fitted for them," Carpenter said.
Students who attend career fairs and go to job interviews know how important it is to look the part.
"This sounds like a great idea," senior Gabe Collins said. "Some people really don't know how to even start when it comes to the interview process, and it's nice that they are taking time out of their jobs to help others and give pointers."
Carpenter said she wants to organize a similar event for women in the future and is trying to find a vender to partner with her to make it happen.
A sign-up sheet has been posted to ttustudent2career.com/suit-up/ to help give Men's Wearhouse a good estimate of how many students plan on attending this event, so they can bring enough personnel to help.
This event will be held Nov. 15 at 11 a.m. in the Johnson Hall Auditorium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Golden Eagles Awarded Co-OVC Regular Season Champions, Individual Accolades
- Offensive line, Tight Ends Among Most Improved for Golden Eagle football
- SGA run-off election to be held Friday
- Pi Sigma Alpha hosts annual Take Back the Night march
- Baseball defeats Blue Raiders in Murfreesboro
- SGA executive election campaigns Tuesday, campaign rules same as 2014
- Backdoor Playhouse opens Shakespeare classic
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now