Concert to benefit Rescue Mission
The Treehouse Environmental Learning Village is hosting a free benefit concert at The Perch featuring From the Hollow and The StereoFidelics, Thursday, Nov. 17 at 7 p.m.
The concert benefits the Cookeville Rescue Mission. Though it is free for the public, Andy Smith, faculty head of The Tree House, encourages students to bring pre-owned clothing or shoes to donate to the rescue mission.
"When they asked me to be the faculty head of the Treehouse, I knew that putting on student events is something that I like to do," Smith said. "I thought it would be fun to do a concert in The Perch where people hang out."
From the Hollow and StereoFidelics are both classified as indie-rock bands.
From the Hollow's lead performer is Logan Nickleson, senior communications major. Nickleson has previously performed at the Backdoor Playhouse and Poet's on the Square.
Smith is excited for the two bands to perform on campus. He has seen StereoFidelics perform live before.
"They seemed like the perfect band to do a concert at a college," Smith said.
Although Nickleson had not heard of The StereoFidelics before agreeing to open for them, he said that he is looking forward to it.
"I checked them out and I'm looking forward to seeing them," Nickleson said. "They seem like they have a lot of energy."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Oracle News Articles
Recent The Oracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE ORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE ORACLE NEWS
RECENT THE ORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age