Tech lands among top national rankings for eighth straight year
Tech's ranked in the top 100 Best College Buys for the eighth consecutive year through Institutional Research and Evaluation, Inc.
According to 100bestcollegebuys.com, the organization specializes in identifying the top 100 American colleges by focusing on high quality education at a low cost.
Robert Hodum, tech enrollment management, said he thinks students choose Tech because it's affordable, and they collect less debt while in college.
"We try to help students along the way to think about once you graduate, we want you to have the least debt," Hodum said. "We understand that students look at the present time. If we can help them down the road by having a low student debt, that helps it become more affordable for the student."
The Tennessee ranking bases the schools by the in-state and out-of-state costs for students and from prospective students' GPA, SAT and ACT scores submitted to the college.
The four schools included with Tech are Belmont University, Union University, the University of Tennessee at Knoxville and the University of Tennessee at Martin. Tech has the lowest in-state tuition in the TBR region and second lowest in-state and out-of-state cost in Tennessee. Tech's in-state cost is $14,674 and out-of-state is $29,542.
Hodum said one way to keep debt down is by counseling students when they take out student loans.
"The financial aid office works with students to say to the student that they might qualify for $6,000 in loans but they really only need $3,000 to pay their bills, so we council students to keep their loan debt low," Hodum said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates