Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
Tech’s Army ROTC 2nd Annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble kicks off this Saturday morning, September 17, at Southern Hills Golf Course in Cookeville.
The Gold Bar Golf Scramble is the only ROTC fundraiser throughout the year, and the money raised goes toward training expenses and purchasing needed equipment among other things.
Calvin Hall, a cadet in his third year of the program, reiterated just how important this fundraiser is.
“We use this money for every single expense we have throughout the year. Not only does it go toward equipment, but it goes toward food, gas for vehicles and everything we need for the betterment of future cadets. It’s a huge fundraiser for us,” Hall said.
Tech’s Army ROTC prepares cadets for life in the military and has commissioned many classes of 2nd Lieutenants into the U.S. Army.
According to Tech’s ROTC website, cadets must be able to maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher and must meet height, weight and physical fitness standards. William Nakamoto, a cadet in his fourth year of the program, talked about the amount of cadets commissioned into the Army from Tech.
“We have commissioned 65 classes of commissioned officers in the U.S. Army and are getting ready to commission our 66th group of outstanding young officers,” Nakamoto said. “The Golden Eagle Battalion at Tennessee Tech is doing better than ever!”
There will be many activities and contests throughout the day, including a silent auction and raffle. Contests include hole in one, closest to the pin, putting, longest drive and straightest drive. Breakfast and lunch will be included, and there will be a bar, but feel free to bring your own drinks.
Teams consist of four people, and the cost is $50 per person or $180 per team. While it is best to come with your team already formed, the workers will pair up single players. Registration is from 7 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m.
Contact email@example.com with further questions.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program