Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
While it may seem as though the Tech Activities Board is downsizing its usual events and giveaways this semester, don’t fret: this year’s calendar of events is all about quality, not quantity.
In October, TAB is hosting a “Zorb Racing” event on the Main Quad where students race against opponents down a 75-foot track in a giant inflatable ball.
“We originally planned to have the Zorb event at the end of September,” TAB adviser Nickole Anderson said, “but the company we’re renting from had a conflict of scheduling, and we went with the second week in October.”
Geographic information systems senior Wesley Flatt thinks the Zorb racing event will be one that attracts many students.
“Not many people get to do that sort of thing,” Flatt said. “It’s mainly because it costs so much when you go to some touristy place like the one in Pigeon Forge.”
Anderson also mentioned TAB would be hosting a giveaway the Tuesday before the racing event to promote it.
Also in October is TAB’s candy apple giveaway as a promotion for Homecoming, the organization’s largest event.
“TAB completely runs Homecoming,” Anderson said. “From picking the theme, to creating the packet, to executing all of the events and keeping up with scores.”
The remaining two events will be held later in the semester. In November, there will be a “TAB is Thankful” event, a Thanksgiving-style dinner which includes a TAB Fall t-shirt giveaway, and in December, a holiday photo event with a keepsake for students to take home.
When asked if there will be any TAB Tuesday giveaways this semester, Anderson explained that because of a shortage of funds, the organization decided to take a “less is more” approach.
“Our thoughts behind this decision,” she said, “is that we would rather give students a chance to come out and have an afternoon or an evening and have a good time with their friends.”
How students respond to the change this semester will depend on the student, but Flatt doesn’t seem to have a problem with it.
“Big events like that are cool, but free stuff is also cool,” he said. “Sometimes they would hand out some pretty useful stuff, but it wouldn’t hurt to switch it up a little.”
Just because there are four events on the schedule, doesn’t mean that they’re the only events TAB is and will be hosting. Anderson said that it’s possible for the organization to do another small event or giveaway, they just need good ideas.
“We just need more students to be involved,” she said. “Much of what we do is strictly done by the staff in our office.”
If you have an idea for a TAB event or giveaway, contact the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find them on Facebook and Twitter @tntechtab.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More tntechoracle News Articles
Recent tntechoracle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNTECHORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNTECHORACLE NEWS
- Tech Activities Board gears up for upcoming events
- Orientation and Student Success begins search for SOAs
- Ice Cream & Stroll event kicks off semester for NPHC
- Army ROTC hosts annual Gold Bar Golf Scramble to fundraise for yearly expences
- Fall Fun Fest brings food and fun to Cookeville square
- SGA reorganizes senators for Independent Programs
- Tech police roll out new parking plan with increased consequences
RECENT TNTECHORACLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program